Trivia for Wonder
Showing all 17 items
- Adaptation of the novel of the same name.
- Third film in which Julia Roberts' character works in the creative arts;, the first being a photographer in Stepmom, the seconds as an art history professor in Mona Lisa Smile. .
- The second film in which Julia Roberts plays a character named Isabel, the first being Stepmom.
- The second film adaptation of a novel in which it is narrated from the perspective of a child played by Jacob Tremblay, the first being Room.
- Paul King was originally going to direct, but he dropped out in order to work on Paddington 2 (2017).
- The 1st time that Julia Roberts has worked with Owen Wilson.
- Special makeup effects designer and artist Arjen Tuiten hopes that the makeup that he created does justice for the original book.
- The character of Auggie loves Star Wars. Jacob Tremblay in real life is also a huge fan of Star Wars.
- The second film based off a novel to be directed by Stephen Chbosky. The first was The Perks of a Being a Wallflower.
- Based off of the novel, Wonder by RJ Palacio.
- Wonder (the novel) is a best selling book
- Auggie's facial disease is called mandibulofacial dystosis, also known as "Treacher Collins syndrome." (TCS)
- Jacob Tremblay, who plays Auggie, and his family went to the children's craniofacial association retreat where Jacob got to meet and befriend children with Treacher Collins syndrome, the same syndrome that Auggie has.
- Siblings Jacob Tremblay and Emma Tremblay are both featured in this movie together.
- Daveed Diggs steps off from the stage (Hamilton) playing Thomas Jefferson and Laffayette and lands into the movie screen as Augie Pulman's teacher.
- Before this movie, Daveed Diggs played two characters in Americas top play, Hamilton, singing and rapping, and actually reaching the record for fastest rapping on Broadway stage.
- Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson are both left-handed.