Trivia for Victoria and Abdul
Showing all 10 items
- When filming began in September 2016, Judi Dench was one month older than the age that Queen Victoria was when she died.
- Judi Dench previously played Queen Victoria in Mrs Brown (1997)
- Costumes from the film Victoria & Abdul are on display in the Indian Durbar Room at Osborne House on the Isle of Wight until the 30 September 2017. Osborne is Queen Victoria's seaside residence on the island, and it was used as a location in the film.
- Director Stephen Frears was awarded the Jaeger-LeCoultre Glory to the Filmmaker Award at the 74th Venice Film Festival (2017) just before a public screening of this film. Other cast members present at the screening included Dame Judi Dench, Ali Fazal and Eddie Izzard.
- Judi Dench and Michael Gambon both played in Cranford.
- Michael Gambon plays Prime Minister Lord Salisbury. In _The King's Speech (2011)_ Gambon played King George V, second son of Queen Victoria (Judi Dench).
- Olivia Williams's character, Jane Spencer, the Baroness Churchill, actually died one month prior to Queen Victoria. She served as Lady of the Bedchamber from 1854 until her death and was the longest serving member of the queen's personal household. She passed away from heart failure on Christmas Eve, 1900.
- Costumes from the production were on display at Osborne House, from July 24 until September 30, 2017.
- Judi Dench played Queen Elizabeth in Shakespeare in Love as well as Queen Victoria in two in separate films.
- Victoria's advisors threatened her with being declared insane. Although she was only 1 when her grandfather George III died, she was aware that he had been declared insane and his son (her uncle) ruled as Prince Regent for 9 years from 1811 to 1820. Therefore she knew that it was possible for her advisors to carry through on their threat.