Goofs from Victoria and Abdul
Showing all 6 items
- Victoria said she was ruler of "nearly a billion people". The English language adopted this Americanism for 1000 million only in the 1990s.
- When Victoria takes her household and family to visit the Karim Family in their cottage at Osborne, the Queen introduces her granddaughter Sophie as the Queen of Greece. Sophie did not become Queen of Greece until 1913.
- When Abdul returns to India, he is seen in Agra (Accra) visiting the statue of Queen Victoria. The statue he visits, is in Kolkata (Calcutta). There is no statue of Queen Victoria in Agra.
- Victoria said she was "Morbidly Obese". That term was not coined until the 1990s.
- At the first dinner, we can see the servers holding trays of soup standing behind the diners. Then the boy runs to the kitchen to announce they want the soup course. We see the waiters bringing trays of soup into the dining room then they cut to that same scene of the waiters standing behind the diners with the same trays of soup.
- In one scene in the movie Queen Victoria tells Abdul that she is the longest reigning monarch in the world. This is not correct. Until Queen Elizabeth II overtook her she was the longest reigning monarch in British history, but the longest reigning monarch was French King Louis XV who reigned for over 70 years.