Trivia for Tiger Zinda Hai
Showing all 29 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) will be a sequel to Ek Tha Tiger (2012) which makes it only the second franchise movie to which Salman Khan has committed in his career.
- "Ek Tha Tiger" & "Tiger Zinda Hai" are the only two movies for which Salman Khan has travelled to multiple countries for shooting. Incidentally, both movies are produced by India's premiere movie studio Yash Raj Films.
- Tiger Zinda Hai Trailer smashed multiple records within 24 hours. 29Mn+ most viewed Hindi movie trailer in 24 hours (YouTube + Facebook) 50K+ most commented Hindi movie trailer in 24 hours. 650K+ most tweeted Hindi movie trailer in 24 hours. 250K+ most shared Hindi movie trailer in 24 hours.
- Tiger Zinda Hai Trailer becomes the most liked movie trailer worldwide on YouTube.
- The film is based on the 2014 abduction of Indian nurses by ISIL.
- The film was speculated for a delay as Padmavati was delayed as it wasn't submitted to censor 60 days prior to its release for censor certificate which will be a new rule for all films.But the director that the film will release according to the scheduled date.
- Director Ali Abbas Zaffar said that he did not write the films story as a sequel.
- Katrina Kaif had a narrow escape in Morrocco while shooting an action scene.
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif team up five years after Ek Tha Tiger 2012.
- Tiger Zinda Hai Trailer becomes the FIRST & the most liked HINDI FILM TRAILER by clocking 1 MILLION likes on YouTube.
- The song 'Swag Se Swagat' clocked 1 MILLION Streams in 24 hrs & a massive 10 Million streams in 10 days.
- The song 'Dil Diyan Gallan' becomes the MOST STREAMED Bollywood song in 24 hrs by clocking 1.5 MILLION Streams.
- With over 1 Million+ Likes on YouTube, Swag Se Swagat becomes the first & the most liked Bollywood song.
- Salman Khan's second release during Christmas Eve after Dabbang 2 in 2012.
- The main antagonist of the film Sajjad Delafrooz an Iranian actor had worked in his first Hindi film in 2015 in Baby as a doctor during the climax in a short role.
- Ali Abbas Zaffar took six months to finalize the antagonist for the film.He held auditions in Middle East, UK and Morocco. Since the role is that of an Iraqi terrorist.
- Ali Abbas Zaffar chose Sajjad Delafrooz as the main antagonist as he had a good command over Arabic and Hindi language.
- Based on the real life incident when 46 Indian nurses were held hostages in Iraq in 2014.
- The film was released alongside big Marathi film Deva staring Ankush Chaudhary in lead.There were speculations that political party would stop the release of the film as Deva was given less screens compared to Tiger Zinda Hai.
- There was a controversy on its release and faced protests from Valmiki community,when Salman Khan allegedly made a remark on Valmiki community where he compared his dancing skills to a sanitation worker, "or "Bhangi." dance show Super Dancer. Shilpa Shetty also laughed along with him, and said that she also looked like one. Valmiki group is made up of a cluster of Dalit communities.
- Salman Khan had done most dangerous stunt in his career for the film.Where he had to fight with Wolves.
- The first film two show Indian and Pakistan working together in a mission.
- Paresh Rawal's brief and different role after 5 years since O My God 2012.
- The antagonist of the movie, militant messiah Abu Usman (Sajjad Delafrooz) speaks in English for half the movie. Hence, the producers released the original version with English dialogues in major Indian cities & International markets but dubbed his voice in Hindi for the rest of India.
- The movie was released in 5825 screens worldwide, a new record for a Hindi movie.
- Salman Khan had drawn a portrait of Katrina Kaif on a frozen lake for one of the songs "Dil Diyan Gallan". As mentioned by the director of the movie Ali Abbas Zafar, "The biggest highlight in this song is the unique Katrina Kaif portrait that he has drawn on a frozen lake."
- Salman Khan's few stunts were done by body double Qazi and Sajjan Singh which include the wolf scene and the climax.
- Producer Aditya Chopra & Director Ali Abbas Zafar wanted to achieve next level action for a Hindi movie so they roped in Tom Struthers as the action director. Struthers is a frequent collaborator with Christopher Nolan & has worked on celebrated movies like Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Dunkirk, Inception, The Dark Knight Trilogy, X Men: First Class, Terminator Salvation, The Mummy, Vertical Limit, Titanic & Braveheart. Struthers & his team delivered the goods & the action in the movie came in for high praise from audiences.
- "Tiger Zinda Hai" has been shot in 5 countaries - India, Austria, Morocco, Greece & Abu Dhabi. Incidentally, it's predecessor "Ek Tha Tiger" was shot in 5 countaries - India, Turkey, Ireland, Cuba & Thailand.