Trivia for The Strangers: Prey at Night
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- This film was announced back in 2009.
- The film was originally titled "The Strangers 2."
- Director Johannes Roberts also directed 47 Meters Down (2017), which went on to become the highest-grossing indie film of it's release year.
- Bryan Bertino (the original writer and director of The Strangers) has no involvement with the film besides writing the original screenplay for The Strangers: Prey At Night.
- Lewis Pullman is Bill Pullman's son.
- Members of the horror podcast Night of the Living Podcast can be seen sitting at a table in the background of the diner scene filmed at Fillmore's Dairy Hut.
- The primary setting for the film is Gatlin Lake. Gatlin is also the name of the town in Stephen King's Children of the Corn.
- Was rumored to take place in a seemingly abandoned trailer park, with the plot following a family of four, running into the three masked strangers, but the plot has now been changed to a family in a vacation.
- Before the script was rewritten, Liv Tyler's character Kristen McKay from the first film returned and was killed in a brief opening scene.