Trivia for The Mountain Between Us
Showing all 14 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Michael Fassbender was originally attached to play Dr. Ben Payne but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Margot Robbie was originally attached to play Ashley Knox, however Robbie dropped out after Fassbender left the project.
- Gerardo Naranjo was previously attached to direct.
- Rosamund Pike replaced Margot Robbie as Alex Martin but eventually dropped out for unknown reasons.
- Charlie Hunnam replaced Michael Fassbender as doctor Ben Bass but eventually dropped out for unknown reasons.
- After Michael Fassbender and Margot Robbie dropped out of the project, they were replaced by Charlie Hunnam and Rosamund Pike. However, both dropped out of the project after it was put into turnaround. Idris Elba and Kate Winslet were eventually cast.
- The trailer was meant to be out at the end of April 2017 but was delayed
- This is the 2nd movie in which Dermot Mulroney stars in a film which features a plane crash in Arctic conditions and a battle of survival. The other movie was "The Grey" starring Liam Neeson.
- Production was delayed a few days so Kate Winslet could attend a memorial service for Alan Rickman.
- Most of the filming took place in Canada, on the border of Alberta and British Columbia. Abu-Assad has described the locations as having very cold temperatures, and tough and harsh filming conditions. Many scenes were shot on a mountaintop, and he and the crew had to drive 40 minutes before reaching the film's base camp. If the weather was okay, they could board the helicopter to reach their destination along with their supplies.
- Gardener, due to having spent his whole life on Mars with only a handful of humans, a robot, and old-school movies to teach him how to interact with others.
- Doctor Ben Bass says he's from Baltimore, Idris Elba played Russel "Stringer" Bell in the hit show "The Wire", which was based in Baltimore.
- Near the end of the movie, Ben carries Alex on a makeshift sled after she walks most of the film. In the novel, the female protagonist (named Ashley instead of Alex) is carried on a makeshift sled for most of the story.
- Both this movie and the movie Alive (1993) feature plane crashes. Both movies were filmed in the mountains near Invermere, British Columbia.