Trivia for The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Showing all 22 items
Jump to: Spoilers (4)
- The plot will diverge from the TV series. However, according to show producers Kevin and Dan Hageman in a Tweet, the show designs will have some changes to match movie designs.
- The movie was originally intended to be released on September 23, 2016. However, the film's date was changed to September 22, 2017, a whole year ahead.
- This is the 2nd time Dave Franco has been in a Lego film. He had a cameo in The Lego Movie (2014).
- Both Kumail Nanjiani and Michael Pena worked together on Hell and Back (2015).
- This is the first time Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods worked together since Silicon Valley (2014).
- Will be the first Cartoon Network show to get a theatrical film in ten years since Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007).
- From the Team That Assembled "The Lego Movie" and "The Lego Batman Movie".
- The first Lego Movie to not be released in February.
- Jackie Chan's second animated film outside Dreamworks Animations Kung Fu Panda franchise, after The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (2017), one month prior.
- The first Lego Movie to neither have a tomatometer of at least 90%, or be certified fresh by Rotten Tomatoes.
- The film was first hinted at in a Bonus feature on the Lego Movie Blu-Ray called Enter the Ninjago. In the short, an executive changes several scenes in the Lego Movie to feature Lloyd because "Kids love Ninjas." Emmet (the main character of The Lego Movie) suggests instead of changing the film to add a Ninja, they just make a movie about Ninjas, which the executive Claims is a great idea and the rest of the short becomes a trailer for this untitled movie (which they claim would go on to be a major Bomb at the box office.)
- The second Lego movie to be released in 2017. The Lego Batman Movie (2017) was released seven months before this movie.
- When Garmadon shows the book he wrote, the cover features a volcano similar to the book Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Following the tradition of other Jackie Chan movies, bloopers are included at the end of the film.
- Olivia Munn is only 5 years older than Dave Franco, who voices her on-screen son.
- In the UK version, local TV presenters Kate Garraway and Ben Shepherd replaced the voices of Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan.
- In the UK release, Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan are replaced by Kate Garroway and Ben Shephard.
- Each Lego movie has an bad father/needy son dynamic.
- Sense Wu and Lord Garmadon are around 167 years old in the film.
- The ringtone on Lloyd's phone is theme song of the TV series Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu, which is what this movie is based off of.
- When Jackie Chan is holding the child's Lloyd mini figure, it only has one arm which becomes a plot point later in the film.
- On the scene where Lloyd is laying bed, the ringtone on his phone is the theme song from the TV series