Trivia for The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Showing all 31 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- The plot diverged from the television series. However, according to show producers Kevin Hageman and Dan Hageman in a Tweet, the show designs will have some changes to match movie designs.
- The movie was originally intended to be released on September 23, 2016. However, the film's date was changed to September 22, 2017, a whole year ahead.
- This is the second time Dave Franco has been in a LEGO film. He had a cameo in The Lego Movie (2014).
- Kumail Nanjiani and Michael Pe?a appeared in Hell and Back (2015).
- Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods appeared on Silicon Valley (2014).
- Zach Woods later would appear alongside Keegan-Michael Key from The Lego Movie (2014) in The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019) 2 years later.
- From the Team That Assembled "The Lego Movie" and "The Lego Batman Movie".
- The first LEGO movie not to be released in February.
- Jackie Chan's second animated film outside of DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda film franchise, after The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (2017).
- Sensei Wu is 167 years old and Lord Garmadon is 174 years old in the film.
- The first LEGO movie to neither have a Tomatometer of at least ninety percent, nor be certified fresh by Rotten Tomatoes.
- The film was first hinted at in a bonus feature on The LEGO Movie (2014) Blu-ray, called "Enter the Ninjago." In the short, an executive changes several scenes in The LEGO Movie to feature Lloyd, because "kids love ninjas." Emmet suggests that instead of changing the film to add a ninja, they just make a movie about ninjas, which the executive claims is a great idea. The rest of the short becomes a trailer for this untitled movie, which they claim would go on to be a major bomb at the box-office.
- The ringtone on Lloyd's phone is the theme song of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu (2011), off which this movie is based.
- The second LEGO movie to be released in 2017, after The Lego Batman Movie (2017).
- When Garmadon (Justin Theroux) shows the book he wrote, the cover features a volcano similar to the book Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Following the tradition of other Jackie Chan movies, bloopers are included at the end of the film.
- Olivia Munn is only five years older than Dave Franco, who voiced her on-screen son.
- In the UK version, local television presenters Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard replaced the voices of Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan, respectively.
- In the scene where Lloyd is lying in bed, the ringtone on his phone is the theme song from Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu (2011).
- In the UK release, Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan were replaced by Kate Garroway and Ben Shephard, respectively.
- Each LEGO movie has a bad father and needy son dynamic.
- This is the third theatrical movie based on a Cartoon Network show; the first being The Powerpuff Girls Movie (2002), and the second being Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008).
- About 15 minutes in, Lloyd is aiming at a bad guy on a bridge to save a school bus. When you see him aim you can hear the tune of "Everything Is Awesome" from The Lego Movie (2014)].
- During the movie Lloyd asks if he can be the gold ninja instead of the green. In the television show he actually becomes the gold ninja.
- When Nya arrives on her bike in the school, she makes a slide like the one Kaneda makes in Akira (1988).
- Dave Franco (the voice of Lloyd), is married to Allison Brie, who provides the voice for Unikitty in The Lego Movie (2014).
- One of the two theatrical films based off an animated TV series of 2017. The other being My Little Pony: The Movie (2017), which also stars Michael Pe?a.
- The last Warner Animation Group film to have Warner Bros. Pictures logo with "A TimeWarner Company".
- When Jackie Chan's character is holding the child's Lloyd figure, it only has one arm, which becomes a plot point later in the film.
- As Sensei Wu drifts down the raging river, Nya says she thinks he said they had to find Inner Peace. Inner Peace was a key plot element in Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011), which also stars Jackie Chan.
- When Lloyd and Garmadon are captured by all of Garmadon's fired general number ones and about to be thrown into a volcano, one says the lava in it is 15 million Kelvin. This translates to nearly 27 million degrees Fahrenheit, as hot as the center of the sun.