The Killing of a Sacred Deer
- 1hr 49m
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Movie Info & Cast
Release Date: Oct 27, 2017
Runtime: 1hr 49m
Dr. Steven Murphy (Colin Farrell) is a renowned cardiovascular surgeon presiding over a spotless household with his ophthalmologist wife Anna (Nicole Kidman) and their two exemplary children, 12-year-old Bob (Sunny Suljic) and 14-year-old Kim (Raffey Cassidy). Lurking at the margins of his idyllic suburban existence is Martin (Barry Keoghan), a fatherless teen who Steven has covertly taken under his wing. As Martin begins insinuating himself into the family’s life in ever-more unsettling displays, the full scope of his intent becomes menacingly clear when he confronts Steven with a long-forgotten transgression that will shatter the Murphy family's domestic bliss.
Did You Know?
- Second collaboration between Yorgos Lanthimos and Colin Farrell, the first being The Lobster (2015).
- Anna Murphy: What a charming boy.
- Steven Murphy: I think I told you about it. But you were busy or something.
- Anna Murphy: You should tell him to come 'round again.
- Steven Murphy: Isn't he?
- Anna Murphy: Yes, very. How did his father die?
- Steven Murphy: Car crash. Driving home. Smashed it into a pole. Killed instantly.
- Anna Murphy: How long have you known him?
- Steven Murphy: Quite some time. He was a patient of mine. Years ago.
- Anna Murphy: Did you go to the funeral?
- Steven Murphy: I did go. Yes.
- Anna Murphy: Why didn't I go with you?
Full Screen Image Viewer