Goofs from The Commuter
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- The "Hudson North" commuter train was a veiled representation of the actual Metro North trains than run from Grand Central Station in New York City to Westchester County. These trains go directly from Grand Central Station and make only 1 stop in Manhattan, 125th St. Mike's train made several stops in Manhattan which could only have been made by the Lexington Avenue subway line before reaching 125th St. In addition there is no commuter train stop at Yankee Stadium (there has been a Metro North station since the opening of the new stadium). At Yankee Stadium the Lexington line is elevated, running to the east of the Stadium, not underground as portrayed in the movie,.
- Early in the film, Neeson is walking across the main concourse in Grand Central Terminal toward the East gates. Sunlight reflects on the floor through the windows on the east wall. No sunlight has reflected on the concourse floor since the construction next door of the old Commodore hotel in 1929. The old Commodore (now the Grand Hyatt) is actually on the South/East side of Grand Central. The windows on the East side (above the Apple Store) are unobstructed and sun does come through.
- Hudson Line trains have green paint, Harlem Line blue and New Haven red. At one point the train is on the West side of the Hudson, the Hudson Line runs up the East side of the river.
- After Neeson is hit on his face a little boy is pointing to his nose because it's bleeding. He takes a tissue and that one is all ready red before cleaning his noise/face.
- As they are trying to decouple the train's last car, there's an outside shot of the train speeding by. The train speed is high, but not one of the leaves of the trees close to the tracks seems to move.
- The train Neeson's character rides is the Hudson Line of Metro-North, yet the station stops depicted as he returns home from Grand Central Terminal to Tarrytown are clearly NYC subway stops (86th Street, etc.). Metro-North commuter trains do not share train tracks or station stops with NYC subway lines.
- Before Liam boards the train in the morning he has a winter hat, which is gray in color changes to red. And again changes back to gray color after he walks few more steps.
- When Alex and Michael are having a drink, captain Hawthorne is having a drink in the very same restaurant when Michael leaves to catch his train. After that, Michael takes a train ride that is at least long enough for it to turn completely dark outside. Yet, when the train is derailed at the very end of the ride, captain Hawthorne is at that very same location in a police car within minutes.
- The end of the film takes place on a commuter train in Chicago, yet the single-level interior shown is similar to the interiors shown on the Metro-North trains in New York. Chicago commuter rail cars are double-decked "gallery cars" which bear little resemblance to commuter trains used in New York.