Trivia for Thaanaa Serndha Koottam
Showing all 15 items
- This is the first time music director Anirudh is scoring music for a Suriya movie, and marks the second time he is working with director Vignesh Shivan after Naanum Rowdy Dhaan.
- The director Vignesh Shivan, reportedly said that it was an unbelievable experience shooting with Suriya for the first time, after remembering watching one of the latter's movies Kaakha Kaakha as a kid.
- This movie marks the first time that Suriya and Keerthy Suresh are working together.
- A teaser for a song was released on April 14 as an update on Tamil New Year, with the full song reportedly about to be released soon.
- The first look poster of the movie was launched on July 23, Suriya's Birthday, as a birthday treat for his fans.
- The second poster of the movie, released by its star Suriya on 23.07.2017, broke all existing Twitter records by raking up more than 60,000 Retweets within the first two days, setting a national record. That tweet also became the highest re-tweeted Indian movie tweet ever, breaking the earlier record set by Vijay's Mersal.
- The first single of the movie, "Naana Thaana Veena Ponaa", composed by Anirudh and written by Vignesh Shivn, was released on July 27, 2017.
- The music rights of the movie was bought by Sony Music South for a record price of Rs 2.5 Crores.
- The movie is set to be released on the Tamil festival of Pongal in 2018, most likely falling on the weekend starting 12.01.2018. This is the star Suriya's first Pongal release in 17 years, his last one being the 2001 movie Friends.
- This is Suriya's first movie to release on a festival weekend in almost 7 years, his last festival release being the 2011 Diwali super hit 7aum Arivu.
- The video teaser for the second single "Sodakku" was released on 16.10.2017 to mark the birthday of the composer Anirudh.
- The teaser of the movie was released on 30th November.
- The second look poster of the movie, released by Suriya on Twitter, received more than 74,000 re tweets and was declared the "Golden Tweet" of 2017 by Twitter India, ahead of all other Indian tweets.
- The Telugu version of the movie was announced to be named as "Gang", with it scheduled to be released simultaneously along with the Tamil version, on 12.01.2018.
- It the story is based on a real life incident which was earlier adopted for Akshay kumar starrer Special 26. TSK team has the official remake right of special 26.