Trivia for Summer 1993
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- The film is autobiographical.
- Filmed in six weeks in the summer of 2016.
- French visa # 146940.
- Spain's submission to the Foreign Language Film Award of the 90th Annual Academy Awards.
- Laia Artigas and Paula Robles were cast for Frida and Anna respectively because they displayed a power struggle relationship during the casting process.
- Due to legal restrictions, the crew could only work for 8 hours per day with Laia Artigas and 6 hours per day with Paula Robles, although every scene features at least one of them.
- Laia Artigas was the second-to-last girl auditioned for the role of Frida out of almost 1,000.
- The house and village squares featured in the film are where Carla Sim?n spent her childhood in la Garrotxa, Catalonia. The swimming pool is also where her new parents worked.
- Marga and Esteve represent the group of Catalonians known as neo-rural, who retreated from cities to villages and chose to lead a rural life for economic or spiritual reasons.
- Though not explicitly described in the film, Frida's parents died of AIDS. The sudden freedom brought about to Spanish people by Franco's death in 1975 led to a large consumption of drugs, which spurred the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 1980s and '90s.