Trivia for Suburbicon
Showing all 18 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- After having acted in four of their movies, this is the first time that George Clooney will direct a Coen Brothers script.
- Woody Harrelson dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Matt Damon and Oscar Isaac have both appeared in the Bourne franchise.
- Both Oscar Isaac and Glen Fleshler starred in A Most Violent Year (2014).
- Josh Brolin previously worked with the Coen brothers in No Country for Old Men (2007), True Grit (2010) and Hail, Caesar! (2016).
- This marks the first time George Clooney directs a film in which he does not also have an acting role.
- The film was originally going to open on November 3, but Paramount moved it forward to October 27.
- George Clooney, Matt Damon, Julianne Moore and Oscar Isaac have all previously appeared in films by the Coen Brothers.
- Josh Brolin was cast in the movie as a baseball coach but his scenes ended up being removed after a test screening. George Clooney admitted that his scenes deflated the tension from the movie and felt badly to remove Brolin from the final cut as he considered the scenes one of the funniest in the entire picture.
- George Clooney screened this film for famed television writer/producer Norman Lear, no stranger to projects tackling explosive or controversial themes like his series All in the Family. After viewing the movie, Lear told Clooney "This is the angriest film I've ever seen."
- The Locations Department led by Location Manager Michael Burmeister and the Key Department Members consisting of Ken Haber, Brian Kalata, Perri Fitchner, Alex Kivlen and Rich Bokides were nominated for the prestigious COLA (California On Location Award) for 'LOCATION TEAM OF THE YEAR - INDEPENDENT FEATURE FILMS' for their work on the films locations bringing to life Levittown in California.
- Received a "D-" CinemaScore.
- George Clooney hosted the wrap party December 3, 2016 for the Productions Cast and Crew at The Smokehouse Restaurant in Burbank which his production company is named for and is located across the street from Warner Brothers Studios where the production offices abs stages for the film were located. The host himself narrated for all in attendance a behind the scenes slideshow of the productions activities on set.
- Had the lowest opening weekend gross of any Paramount film released in over 2,000 theaters.
- The film had a $25 million budget.
- Bokides was fired after 2 weeks after having a clash with Clooney and telling him where to head in.
- This is the second film released in 2017 in which Julianne Moore plays two characters, the other being Wonderstruck (2017)
- Body count: 7