Trivia for Spyder
Showing all 5 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Spyder is the first bilingual (Telugu & Tamil) film for Superstar Mahesh Babu.
- A scene in the movie features a poster of this film's director A.R. Murugadoss' previous film, Ghajini (2008). Similarly, in the scene that follows, the same film is playing in the background of a cinema hall. The same cinema hall features a poster of Khaidi No. 150, the 2017 film which is a remake of another film by Murugadoss, Kaththi (2014).
- With the losses incurred by the film amounting to at least INR 76 crores, and the recovery of its worldwide theatrical rights being just 39.8%, 'Spyder' has been declared the biggest box office disaster in South Indian cinema history, and the 3rd biggest disaster in Indian cinema history, as per many tracking sources including AndhraBoxOffice.com. This is A.R. Murugadoss's first major box office failure as director, and Mahesh Babu's 4th disaster out of his last 5 films.
- Though his role is brief, this also marks Telugu actor, Priyadarshni Pellikonda's Tamil debut.
- Movie is loosely based on the Blockbuster Hollywood film "The dark Knight Rises". Secret system designed by batman monitoring the communication network of the citizens of Gotham. This prevents criminals from committing crimes and hero(batman) interrupting them at the site of crime. Hero assists the city police in controlling the crime rate in the city. Antagonist (Joker) is a sadistic psychokiller, who derives pleasure out of killing other people. Joker is captured by hero. Joker escapes from prison by killing cops. Joker rigs bombs in a hospital and informs the batman. Movie talks about inner conscience of man and growing inhumanity.