Trivia for Roman J. Israel, Esq.
Showing all 6 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- In the film there's a visible gap between Denzel Washington's two front teeth. He had the gap fixed with dental caps sometime after high school, but decided to remove them for this role.
- Both Colin Farrell and Carmen Ejogo starred in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016).
- Originally titled 'Inner City.'
- After the premiere at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival, director Dan Gilroy and Denzel Washington decided to re-structure and re-focus parts of the narrative, which resulted in the removal of 12 minutes of footage. The director said, that the TIFF premiere served more as "a very high end test screening," because there was no time to do it before, and all involved are now happy with the final cut. [Oct. 2017]
- Roman claims to be able to use Uber in one scene and in a later scene it is revealed that he owns a flip phone that is likely to be incompatible with the Uber app.
- Washington does not appear after the scene when he is apparently shot and killed. However, in the final scene, when Colin Farrell is filing the class action complaint in federal court, Roman Israel's name is the first name listed at the top of the first page of the complaint as one of the plaintiffs' attorneys.