Trivia for Rampage
Showing all 36 items
Jump to: Spoilers (4)
- This will be Brad Peyton and Dwayne Johnson's 3rd film together. Previously they worked together in San Andreas (2015) and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012).
- This will be Dwayne Johnson's 2nd video game movie, Doom (2005) was his first.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Malin Ackerman previously starred together in Watchmen (2009).
- This is Brad Peyton and Breanne Hill's first collaboration since San Andreas (2015) and Frontier (2016).
- This is Marley Shelton and Malin Akerman first collaboration since Elektra Luxx (2010).
- Both Dwayne Johnson and P.J. Byrne starred in a movie entitled "snitch." P. J.'s movie came out in 2011 and Dwayne's movie came out in 2013.
- This is Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Matt Gerald's first collaboration since Solace (2015).
- Both Joe Manganiello and Malin Akerman starred in How I Met Your Mother (2005).
- This is Brad Peyton's first video game movie, he is directing Just Cause next.
- Both Dwayne Johnson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were in a Star Trek series. Johnson was The Champion in Star Trek: Voyager (1995) and Morgan was Xindi-Reptilian in Star Trek: Enterprise (2001).
- Both Dwayne Johnson and P. J. Bryne starred in Hannah Montana (2006).
- In the games, Lizzie was a human like George and Ralph used to be. She mutated into a giant lizard through experiments from Scumlabs. However, in this adaptation, Lizzie was always a normal crocodile until she mutated into a large beast.
- Both Dwayne Johnson and Joe Manganiello worked with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Johnson was in The Rundown (2003), which had a Schwarzenegger cameo; and Schwarzenegger and Manganiello starred in Sabotage (2014).
- Fourth film to feature Dwayne Johnson and Matt Gerald. Both also appeared together in G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013), Faster (2010), and San Andreas (2015).
- Dwayne Johnson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Joe Manganiello are all part of the DCEU.
- The vehicle that Davis Okoye (Dwayne Johnson) drives in the film is a 2004 Ford Bronco concept vehicle that never went into production and was never released to the public.
- The monsters in the 'Rampage' video-game series, on which this film is loosely based, were mutated humans (who transformed into giant animals); here, they are mutated animals. The genetic engineering simply causes them to grow in size, have an increased aggression and adopt some genetic features from other species (such as some regenerative abilities).
- Both George, the gorilla, and Ralph, the wolf, share their names with their video-game counter-part. The crocodile, who is called Lizzie in the game series, never has its name mentioned.
- The mutated rat, seen towards the beginning of the film, is likely meant to be Larry from the Atari Lynx version of the 'Rampage (1986)' video-game. The character was a special inclusion who only appeared in this version of the game.
- George the gorilla, here presented as an Albino, has never had white fur in any of the video-game incarnations of the character, always being presented with brown fur instead. Interestingly, Ralph the wolf has been presented with white fur in some of his video-game iterations.
- The sign language sign Davis uses for himself (down-facing fist on top of other down-facing fist) is actually the sign for rock.
- The military considers using a MOAB, the largest non-nuclear bomb in the US arsenal. The only officially acknowledged operational use of a MOAB took place on April 13th, 2017 against a Taliban stronghold in Afghanistan.
- An original cabinet of the Rampage arcade game can be seen in Claire Wyden's office.
- 3 main actors in this movie have appeared/will appear in DC Extended Universe movies - Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke in Justice League (2017) and Dwayne Johnson is set to star as Black Adam. Also, actress Malin Akerman have previously starred as DC Comics character Silk Spectre in Watchmen (2009).
- When Davis Okoye (Dwayne Johnson) signs his name to George the sign he uses is ROCK. This is most likely an nod to to Dwayne Johnson's wrestling persona "The Rock".
- In some of the Rampage games, the fighter jets sent to attack the monsters are A-10 Warthogs, which show up in the movie as well.
- The B-2 Stealth Bomber was made by Northrop Grumman. The plane referred to as Warthog is the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II which is a single-seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft.
- Davis Okoye (Dwayne Johnson) drives a 2004 Ford Bronco concept vehicle to promote the production Bronco expected for the 2020 model year, although the production model will look slightly different from the 2004 concept vehicle, and it may be produced only as a 5-door rather than a 3-door as shown in the film (3-door production was not officially confirmed by Ford as of April 2018).
- All U.S. armed services except for the Coast Guard participate in the attacks on the monsters. The Air Force bomber is escorted by a pair of Navy F/A-18 fighters, which is unusual and seems superfluous over the continental United States, but may have been done to give the Navy some nominal involvement.
- At one point of the film, in the background, you can see George pull a person out of a building and eat them. This was an option in the video game to gain health for your character.
- Despite sitting at only 51% on Rotten Tomatoes, this actually stands as the best reviewed movie based on a video game of all time.
- When Dwayne Johnson signs to George or other gorillas in the film to calm them down, he says "it's me." The sign he makes on those words is for "Rock," a reference to his nickname "The Rock."
- Though George the gorilla and Ralph the wolf are referred to by the names they have in the original game at one point or another, the giant crocodile, Lizzie in the game, is never referred to as such
- Blink and you'll miss it .. in the Wydens high rise office is an original Rampage machine
- In the beginning of the movie when the woman on the space station is collecting the samples she only takes 3 of the cannisters of which it appears there are 5 left in the cabinet when the rodent creature chases her. Later in the movie the head of the company that created the compound pointed out that the 3 canisters she took survived re-entry because they were designed to do so. Leaving the possibilty that those other 5 canisters could still manage to hit earth.
- In the movie, George eats a woman wearing a red dress. In the games you could eat women wearing red dresses for points and health.