Trivia for Pitch Perfect 3
Showing all 36 items
Jump to: Spoilers (10)
- Is set to come out on December 22, 2017.
- It is the fourth movie Kendrick and Wilson have worked on together.
- Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Elizabeth Banks are all set to return for the third installment.
- The film was officially greenlit on June 15, 2015 due to the massive success of its predecessor, which was released exactly one month prior.
- On June 15, 2015, Anna Kendrick posted a photo to Twitter and Instagram saying "happening #3," referring to the production of this film.
- This is the fourth movie collaboration between Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, and Elizabeth Banks. The first being Pitch Perfect (2012), the second, What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012), the third, Pitch Perfect 2 (2015).
- Original release date was July 27, 2017
- This film held a competition called #PitchSmash to win a walk in role in Pitch Perfect 3 and the winner is Vanessa Silva from Los Angeles, California.
- Elizabeth Banks was previously attached to direct but dropped out.
- Rebel Wilson has expressed interest in a Fat Amy spinoff film.
- Anna Kendrick posted an Instagram picture with fellow cast members including Rebel Wilson, Hana Mae Lee, Anna Camp and more on 6th of January, 2017 captioned "Team". They were all holding up three fingers to represent the third instalment of the film franchise
- According to footage shown at the wrap party, one of the Bella routines took place in a swimming pool with the Bellas performing like synchronized swimmers. (This was actually shown on the "Blooper" reel that was shown at the wrap party.)
- Skylar Astin, Becca's love interest and boyfriend Jesse in the previous movies, has not been set to return for the third instalment.
- Adam Devine (Bumper) is not returning for the third installment.
- Anna Kendrick refused to return for the film unless the studio agreed to pay her a higher salary.
- Matt Lanter starred in the movie Vampires Suck (2010), which is a parody of Twilight (2008) and The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009), which starred Anna Kendrick.
- Pitch Perfect (2012) is the third highest grossing music comedy film of all-time, behind School of Rock (2003). Meanwhile, Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) is the highest grossing music comedy film of all-time, ahead of School of Rock. Mike White, who wrote and co-starred in School of Rock, now co-writes this third installment of the Pitch Perfect trilogy.
- The character Chicago is a nod to screenwriter Kay Cannon's former hometown. As seen on The IMDb Show (2017).
- When the Bellas are traveling there's a quick shot of each member's passport. Lili's passport lists her hometown as Area 51.
- The movie revolves around the Bellas going on a USO tour. During the movie's release, Adam Devine, who's character Bumper isn't in this movie, was actually on a USO tour to support the troops.
- When the passports are flashing by, Lily's passport says Area 51.
- During the shots of passports, Lilly's states she is from Area 51.
- There was a rumor that Anna Kendrick (Becca) and Brittany Snow (Chloe) were pushing for a romantic angle between their respective characters, which had a surprising fan following (Bechloe) since the second movie, and Universal was against the idea. Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) has alluded to this, but none of the cast nor Universal have publicly and explicitly addressed it.
- In the scene where the Bellas are walking up the stairs into the hotel/casino, they are actually walking up from the downstairs bathrooms at the Fox Theatre.
- The first Pitch Perfect movie to not include a song by Jessie J
- Although the USO tour stops in France (Nice it appears) there have been no US military bases on French territory since 1967. Although a few US battleships do stop for WWII celebrations around several French harbors
- Anna Kendrick stated that in the original ending Becca was supposed to end up with Theo, with a kiss between them in the final scene. However, she protested against it, saying it didn't feel right for her character because it would be unprofessional. Thus, the storyline was written out.
- None of the Bellas' boyfriends from the previous movies return for this installment.
- In the trailer there is a scene where Fat Amy and Beca skydive, but this scene is not in the movie. Part of the scene is shown in the end credits.
- In the montage where they show the Bellas passports it can be seen that Lily's passport states her place of birth as 'Area 51'
- Stacie is revealed to be eight months pregnant causing her not to join the Bellas on the USO tour. She later reveals over video chat that she gave birth to a baby girl that she named Bella
- Jessica and Ashley's full names are revealed as Jessica Smith and Ashley Jones
- It is revealed early in the film during a conversation between Beca and Fat Amy that Beca and Jesse broke up because they couldn't handle a long distance relationship. It is also mentioned that Fat Amy dumped Bumper
- This film takes place 3 years after Pitch Perfect 2(2015).
- During the fight scene between Fat Amy and Mikhael, he throws a burrito at her. Reminiscent of when Bumper throws a burrito at Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect.
- The movie playing on the yacht during Fat Amy's big fight scene near the end of the movie is Smokey and the Bandit Part 2.