Trivia for Peter Rabbit
Showing all 28 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Margot Robbie and Domhnall Gleeson's third collaboration, following About Time (2013) and Goodbye Christopher Robin (2017).
- Daisy Ridley and Domhnall Gleeson both appeared in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Sony Animation's fourth live action/CGI hybrid film, after The Smurfs (2011), its sequel The Smurfs 2 (2013), and Goosebumps (2015).
- The second live-action/CGI animated hybrid film to have a rabbit character as the main protagonist, after Hop (2011).
- Originally Sam Neill was going to play Mr. McGregor, but was busy filming his character for Thor: Ragnarok (2017).
- Sony Animation's first film of 2018. The others would later be Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018) and Goosebumps: Horrorland (2018).
- This is the first Sony Pictures Animation's live-action/animated hybrid film to be rated G by the MPAA.
- This is James Corden's second Sony Animation film, after The Emoji Movie (2017).
- This is James Corden's sixth animated film after The Gruffalo (2009),Planet 51 (2009), The Gruffalo's Child (2011), Trolls (2016), and The Emoji Movie (2017).
- 2nd Sony Animation film to be about Wild Forest Animals, after Open Season (2006).
- Is the first Sony Animation film that's not from Aardman Studios to focus on British Accents, since the film's set in the UK.
- Is the 2nd Sony Animation film to simply take the name of the Main Protagonist, after Arthur Christmas (2011).
- Hugh Grant's 2nd time Voice Acting in a film, after The Pirates! Band of Misfits (2012), another film by Sony Animation.
- Sia's 3rd film doing Voice Over work, after Charming (2018) and My Little Pony: The Movie (2017).
- Is the first of 3 Animated Films of 2018 to star James Corden. The other 2 would later be Smallfoot (2018) and Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (2018).
- Many of the live scenes were filmed in Australia. Luckily, the rabbits weren't real, as they are an introduced pest in Australia (in the late 1800s the country was overrun with rabbits) and you cannot bring live rabbits into the country (with very few exceptions).
- The second Sony Pictures Animation film to be rated PG for some rude humor and action by the MPAA, after The Smurfs 2 (2013).
- This is Sia a Second animated film after Angelo Carlo P. San Juan
- This is Sia a Second animated film after My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)
- Daisy Ridley was born in 1992, the same year that the TV Series The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends (1992) (which did Adaptions of Beatrix Potter's stories) premiered.
- Mankini, from Sherlock Gnomes (2018), will not make an appearance in his tight, red mankini and will not dance in a sexual manner for a crowd of gnomes or rabbits. This move by Sony Pictures Animation has been considered a huge mistake to hardcore fans of both Peter Rabbit and Sherlock Gnomes.
- Rated 6 years in Norway for Cinema.
- "Bea" is based of Peter Rabbit creator Beatrix Potter.
- During the scene where Bea and Tom are playing with letter tiles, Bea makes the word "Potter," a reference to Beatrix Potter, the original author of the Peter Rabbit books.
- Live Action cast members Domhnall Gleeson, Rose Byrne and Sam Neill also voiced some of the Animal Characters, being Mr. Jeremy Fisher, Jemima Puddle Duck and Tommy Brock respectively.
- The way Peter's face goes red after being attacked by Thomas McGregor slightly resembles an injured rabbit from the film Watership Down (1978) released 40 years prior, of which is also a film about Rabbits in England, and starred John Hurt, who previously collaborated with James Corden in the CGI TV Film Adaptions of The Gruffalo (2009) and The Gruffalo's Child (2011).
- Gathered up some controversy after having a scene in which Peter Rabbit pelts blackberries at a character with a blackberry allergy, suggesting this to be "food allergy bullying."
- The first Sony Animation film where the Main Antagonist redeems himself in the end, though it is shown in the Video Game Adaption of the sequel to Hotel Transylvania (2012) that Quasimodo the Devious Chef had redeemed himself since the first film.