- 1hr 45m
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Movie Info & Cast
Director: Olivier Assayas
Producer: Charles Gillibert
Release Date: Mar 10, 2017
Runtime: 1hr 45m
A personal shopper in Paris refuses to leave the city until she makes contact with her twin brother who previously died there. Her life becomes more complicated when a mysterious person contacts her via text message.
- Kristen Stewart
- Lars Eidinger
- Sigrid Bouaziz
- Anders Danielsen Lie
Did You Know?
- Kristen Stewart, Lars Eidinger, Nora von Waldstätten and Benoit Peverelli previously co-starred in Olivier Assayas' Clouds of Sils Maria (2014). Waldstätten and Olivia Ross also co-starred in Assayas' Carlos (2010).
- When Maureen is texting, her texts are frequently answered immediately, usually in less than one second. There is no time lag built in for the other person to read her text and type in their response. This goof is probably intentional. Building in a time lag for the other person to read/respond to her messages would considerably slow down the pacing of the movie, so responses to her texts were probably prepared in advance and sent immediately.
- [talking about her deceased brother]
- Maureen Cartwright: So we made this oath... Whoever died first would send the other a sign.
- Ingo: What do you mean by- by vibe?
- Maureen Cartwright: It's an intuition thing; it's a feeling. You... You see this door... That's only like slightly, ajar.
- Ingo: Well... How's within that, that the soul... continues to exist... after death?
- Maureen Cartwright: I don't even know if I believe in that. But... Lewis did. And I- I have to give his... spirit -whatever you wanna call it- a chance to prove him right.
- Ingo: A sign? From- from the afterlife?
- Maureen Cartwright: You could call it that; you could call it a million things.
- Ingo: But... how do you know if it's a sign?
- Maureen Cartwright: I'm a medium. He was- he was a medium. I'll just know it.
- Ingo: Have you... communicated with spirits before?
- Maureen Cartwright: Um. Lewis thought they were... spirits. I'm- I'm less sure. But yes. Uh, somewhat.
- [gets off the couch to smoke]
- Maureen Cartwright: I mean there are invisible... presences... around us. Always. I mean whether or not they're the souls of the dead, I don't know, but... You know when you're a medium you just are attuned to some sort of... vibe.
Full Screen Image Viewer