Trivia for Padmaavat
Showing all 27 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Deepika Padukone was paid Rs 12 crore (equal to ~EUR1.5 million or ~US$1.9 million) as she was the lead role. A new milestone for the actresses of Bollywood.
- Shahid Kapoor is also added to the cast alongside Ranveer & Deepika
- The budget for this movie surpasses Bajirao Mastani and hits close to Rs 180 Crores.
- The set was vandalized multiple times.
- Hrithik Roshan and Fawad Khan were considered for the role of Raja Rawal Ratan Singh. Salman Khan was offered to play the villain but he refused.
- Kabir Bedi's look as the character of "Sandokan" was the main inspiration for the appearance of Ranveer Singh's character Allauddin Khilji.
- This 2017 film Padmavati draws inspiration from Chitoor Rani Padmini, which is a 1956 Tamil film directed by C.V. Sridhar starring Sivaji Ganesan and Vyjanthimala. Actually it is unofficial remake of Chitoor Rani Padmini.
- Padmavati has the run time of 3 hours 13 min. Which is the longest of all the movies that has been directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- The movie Padmavati got insurance worth 160 Cr INR in case of losses after the film releases.
- The budget of the movie is 250 crores and because of which Eros now refused to produced the movie,therefore viacom18 has produced this movie despite the fact that all the other movies of the director are produced by Eros now
- The title was changed from Padmavati, named after the historical/fictional character, to Padmaavat, a poem written by Malik Muhammad Jayasi, based on which the film has been made. The change of name came after huge protests from the Rajput communities objecting over the alleged distortion of history done by the makers which demeans Rani Padmavati. It was the Censor Board who suggested the change to signify that the film is a work of fiction.
- First Hindi film to be released in IMAX® 3D format.
- Even though this movie got u/a certificate, it is not going to be released in Rajasthan and Haryana as on 17 Jan 2018.
- Raza Murad had reveled in look Jalaluddin Khilji from the film via his Facebook account.But later deleted it on request of Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Unlike Bajirao Masatani 2015.Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted Salman Khan and Ashwariya Rai for the film many years back .But both the actors weren't in talking terms.Salman Khan agreed to do the film.Ashwariya Rai kept a condition that she would do the film if Salman Khan plays the negative character of Allaudin Khilji as they wont have any scenes together.Salman Khan didn't agree to this condition.
- Ghoomar song was released with new version which covered Deepika Padukone's waistline due to computer graphics this was done due to censor board guidelines.Members of Rajput Karni Sena had vandalized a school in Jaora town of Ratlam district. as the students were performing on the song Ghoomar for the annual day function.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali worked on television adaptation as an assistant editor for Shyam Benegal's television series Bharat Ek Khoj (1988), based on Jawaharlal Nehru's The Discovery of India (1946), featuring an episode about Padmavat starring Om Puri as Alauddin Khilji.
- Priyanka Chopra was rumored to make a cameo in the film which she denied later. Shahrukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan were considered for the role of Raja Ratan Singh Rawal played by Shahid Kapoor. Aditi Rao Hydari was cast in the film on recommendation of Jaya Bachchan.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali was attacked in Jaigarh fort in Jaipur while shooting for the film by Rajput Karni Sena who also vandalized the set.They attackers claimed that character of Maharani Padmini whose has done lots for their community is shown having romantic angle with Allauddin Khilji.Many big names from Film industry came in support of Sanjay Leela Bhansali after this attack.While shooting for the film in Kolhapur in March 2017 the crew was again attacked and the sets were vandalized.People armed with petrol bombs, stones and Lathis charged and set the set ablaze, injuring animals and destroying several costumes.
- The film was earlier to release on Novemeber 17 2017.Which was then pushed to December 01 2017.Few days before the films release censor board claimed new guild lines that a director should submit his film to censor board 60 days prior to its release in order to have a censor certificate.It finally managed to release on 25 January 2018.Akshay Kumar was to release his film Padman on the same day but pushed the films date on request of Sanjay Leela Bhansali.25th January 2018 was booked as release date of Rajnikant,Akshay Kumar film 2.0 as the film's special effects weren't complete Akshay Kumar decided to release Padman.Whereas Neeraj Pandey had also finalized the same date for Aiyaary.Due to release of Padmavati many film makers had to shift release dates of their films.
- Prasoon Joshi slammed 'Padmavati' makers for screening film without certificate to the media.
- Harish Salve lawyer of Sanjay Leela Bhansali who represented him in court was threatened by Karni Sena.As he had represented in favor of film that no state can ban the film once CBFC has issued a certificate.
- Shahid Kapoor teams up for the first time with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
- The starting scene which had Raza Murad slapping Ranveer Singh was shot with 24 retakes, due to which Ranveer Singh's face became red because of the excess amount of slaps taken for the perfect shot.
- Ranveer Singh locked himself in his apartment for 21 days to get into the character of Alauddin Khilji.
- Despite being the third film starring both Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh (excluding a cameo appearance by Singh in Padukone's "Finding Fanny"), they do not have any scenes together in Padmaavat.
- In the climax scene Ranveer Singh was so immersed in the role of Allaudin Khilji that he forgot that he was bleeding very badly. Only after the director cut of the scene Ranveer was taken to the hospital and had stitches.