Trivia for Only The Brave
Showing all 28 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Ken Nolan and Eric Warren Singer wrote the screenplay based on a GQ article titled "No Exit."
- Both Ben Hardy and Taylor Kitsch have starred in an X-Men movie. Hardy was Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and Kitsch was Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).
- This is the first time Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges have worked together since True Grit (2010).
- Both James Badge Dale and Jeff Bridges have starred in an Iron Man movie.
- This will be the first time Miles Teller and Andie MacDowell have worked together since Footloose (2011).
- Miles Teller, Taylor Kitsch, Josh Brolin, James Badge Dale, Jeff Bridges, Ben Hardy, and Jennifer Connelly have all portrayed a character in a Marvel inspired movie. Teller (Fantastic Four), Kitsch (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Brolin (Guardians, Age of Ultron, Infinity War), Badge Dale (Iron Man 3), Bridges (Iron Man), Hardy (X-Men Apocalypse), and Connelly (Hulk).
- Second time director Joseph Kosinski and actor Jeff Bridges have worked together after TRON: Legacy (2010)
- James Badge Dale and Taylor Kitsch had previously portrayed people from true stories/events. Dale was in 13 Hours (2016), playing Tyrone "Rone" Woods, and Kitsch in Lone Survivor (2013), playing Michael "Murph" Murphy.
- Jennifer Connelly spent time with the real-life Amanda Marsh in preparation for her role.
- This was the first IMAX-Formatted movie to only play in select territories.
- Multiple Marvel Movies connection; Josh Brolin is Thanos from a number of marvel movies, and is also portraying Cable in Deadpool 2 (2018). Miles Teller is Reed Richards in the rebooted Fantastic Four (2005). Jennifer Connelly portrayed Betty Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk (2003) as well as having provided the voice of Karen (the "suit lady") in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). Taylor Kitsch was Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009). Ben Hardy was Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016). James Badge Dale was Eric Savin (or Coldblood) in Iron Man 3 (2013). Jeff Bridges played Obadiah Stane in the original Iron Man (2008).
- Before Geoff Stults was in this movie as a Granite Mountain Hotshot he also portrayed a fireman on the WB/CW 7th Heaven (1996), in the show's sixth season of 2001-2002.
- The tattoo under Josh Brolin's arm is the Thrush Exhaust mascot/logo.
- Josh Brolin and Dylan Kenin both appeared in the movie Sicario (2015).
- The boots Jennifer Connelly wore in the movie are the actual boots belonging to the real Amanda Marsh.
- Second time actor Jake Picking portrays a real life hero the first was a year earlier in 2016's Patriot's Day about the Boston Marathon bombing that took place the same year as the Yarnell Hill tragedy but in April 2013 the Yarnell Hill fire was June. in this film he's a Granite Mountain Hotshot in Patriot's Day he portrays a real life Massachusetts Institute of Technology Policeman that also lost his life in the line of duty.
- Lionsgate (under its Summit Entertainment label) was originally going to distribute this film in the United States, but a disagreement between them and Black Label Media made the distribution rights change from Lionsgate to Columbia Pictures. The same happened with Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018), and both films star Josh Brolin.
- Despite playing hotshot Travis Turbyfill in the film, actor Geoff Stults is 9 years older than the hotshot he portrayed.
- Even though he portrayed the lone survivor in the movie. Miles Teller's birthday in real life is the half birthday of the guy he portrayed in the movie Brendan McDonough. Teller's Birthday is February 20th. while the real life McDonough's is August 20th.
- Real life Granite Mountain Hotshot Brandon Bunch portrays his friend and fellow hotshot Garret Zuppiger. Zuppiger tragically lost his life in the tragedy but his actor in real life had left the hotshots 2 weeks prior since his wife was almost ready to have their third son.
- Second time actor Miles Teller portrays a real life person and based on a real life story. first one was released a year earlier called Bleed For This. in that movie Teller portrayed real life boxer Vincenzo "Vinny The Pazmanian Devil" Pazienza.
- Even though he portrayed Granite Mountain Hotshot Scott Norris in the film actor Thad Luckinbill in reality is 9 years older then the real life hotshot.
- Although he portrays Granite Mountain Hotshot Grant McKee in the movie, actor Samuel Quinn in reality is 7 years older than the real hotshot.
- Although actor Ryan Jason Cook portrays William Warneke, a 25 year old Granite Mountain Hotshot who tragically lost his life at that age, the actor portraying him is 4 years older than him in real life.
- Although James Badge Dale plays Jesse Steed in the movie, in real life he is actually 2 years younger than the real life hotshot who lost his life tragically at the age of 36.
- The film was based on the true story of the Fallen 19 Firefighters of the Granite Mountain Hot Shots Crew from Prescott, Arizona.
- Based On The Book and Autobiography of the lone survivor of the Yarnell Hill Fire Brendan McDonough called Granite Mountain.
- Brendan McDonough was a guest on the Team Never Quit podcast aired on Dec. 14, 2016. The TNQ podcast is hosted by former Navy SEALs Marcus Luttrell and David Rutherford. Luttrell is the only survivor of a Taliban attack against his team on Operation Red Wings in Afghanistan. Both men were the only survivors of their respective teams that befell terrible tragedies.