Trivia for Only The Brave
Showing all 18 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Ken Nolan and Eric Warren Singer wrote the screenplay based on a GQ article titled "No Exit."
- Both Ben Hardy and Taylor Kitsch have starred in an X-Men movie. Hardy was Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and Kitsch was Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).
- This is the first time Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges have worked together since True Grit (2010).
- Both James Badge Dale and Jeff Bridges have starred in an Iron Man movie.
- This will be the first time Miles Teller and Andie MacDowell have worked together since Footloose (2011).
- Miles Teller, Taylor Kitsch, Josh Brolin, James Badge Dale, Jeff Bridges, Ben Hardy, and Jennifer Connelly have all portrayed a character in a Marvel inspired movie. Teller (Fantastic Four), Kitsch (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Brolin (Guardians, Age of Ultron, Infinity War), Badge Dale (Iron Man 3), Bridges (Iron Man), Hardy (X-Men Apocalypse), and Connelly (Hulk).
- Second time director Joseph Kosinski and actor Jeff Bridges have worked together after TRON: Legacy (2010)
- James Badge Dale and Taylor Kitsch had previously portrayed people from true stories/events. Dale was in 13 Hours (2016), playing Tyrone "Rone" Woods, and Kitsch in Lone Survivor (2013), playing Michael "Murph" Murphy.
- Jennifer Connelly spent time with the real-life Amanda Marsh in preparation for her role.
- This was the first IMAX-Formatted movie to only play in select territories.
- Multiple Marvel Movies connection; Josh Brolin is Thanos from a number of marvel movies, and is also portraying Cable in Deadpool 2 (2018). Miles Teller is Reed Richards in the rebooted Fantastic Four (2005). Jennifer Connelly portrayed Betty Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk (2003) as well as having provided the voice of Karen (the "suit lady") in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). Taylor Kitsch was Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009). Ben Hardy was Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016). James Badge Dale was Eric Savin (or Coldblood) in Iron Man 3 (2013). Jeff Bridges played Obadiah Stane in the original Iron Man (2008).
- Before Geoff Stults was in this movie as a Granite Mountain Hotshot. He also portrayed a fireman on the WB/CW 7th Heaven (1996), in the show's sixth season of 2001-2002.
- The tattoo under Josh Brolin's arm is the Thrush Exhaust mascot/logo.
- Josh Brolin and Dylan Kenin both appeared in the movie Sicario (2015).
- The boots Jennifer Connelly wore in the movie are the actual boots belonging to the real Amanda Marsh.
- The film was based on the true story of the Fallen 19 Firefighters of the Granite Mountain Hot Shots Crew from Prescott, Arizona.
- Based On The Book and Autobiography of the lone survivor of the Yarnell Hill Fire Brendan McDonough called Granite Mountain.
- Brendan McDonough was a guest on the Team Never Quit podcast aired on Dec. 14, 2016. The TNQ podcast is hosted by former Navy SEALs Marcus Luttrell and David Rutherford. Luttrell is the only survivor of a Taliban attack against his team on Operation Red Wings in Afghanistan. Both men were the only survivors of their respective teams that befell terrible tragedies.