Trivia for My Friend Dahmer
Showing all 7 items
- My Friend Dahmer was filmed in Jeffery Dahmer's actual childhood home in Bath, Ohio. Revere High school he went to was going to be used for the movie as well, but the school rejected the offer.
- The screenplay for this film was featured in the 2014 Blacklist, a list of the "most liked" unmade scripts of the year.
- After 12 hours of filming, Ross would take a shower for 30+ minutes and just think about his dark role that he's portraying.
- When Ross got the role, his insecurity kicked in making him feel like he would ruin the movie.
- Right after filming a scene, Alex Wolff wasn't feeling well and started cursing out Jeffrey Dahmer. At that exact moment, all the power and backup generators cut out and Alex immediately started yelling out apologies. He said he felt like he was being haunted as he tried to sleep that night.
- At the beginning of the movie during a classroom scene, there was a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "NATIONAL LAMPOON" that clearly was made popular when they turned it into the NATIONAL LAMPOON" movies that were just stories from the magazine publication
- Before each day of filming started, Ross would watch Jeffery Dahmer's interview to 'get into character'.