Trivia for Monster Trucks
Showing all 18 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Chris Wedge's first live-action film.
- Originally set for release on May 29, 2015. Release was moved to December 25, 2015, then March 18, 2016, then January 13, 2017 to complete post-production.
- Originally produced by Nickelodeon Movies, which left the project during post-production. On November 17, 2016, the second trailer was released, with Nickelodeon's logo signifying that they were back as co-producers.
- Filmed in Kamloops and Chilliwack, British Columbia.
- When Viacom took a major loss for the 3rd quarter of 2016, it blamed unspecified failures in its motion picture distribution division. Reporters pieced together some details in the profit and loss statement, and discovered that this film was blamed for the loss.
- Jane Levy starred in Evil Dead (2013). Samara Weaving starred in the first season of Ash vs Evil Dead (2015).
- Five green 1950s-era Dodge trucks were built for the movie. One, with its engine in the pickup bed, could be driven from a position under the hood. Creech drives from that position.
- WILHELM SCREAM: When an evil truck driver sees, then crashes into, a large rock.
- Nearly every vehicle used in the film is a Chrysler product.
- The film takes place in North Dakota. The license plates seen on the cars in the film are an old design. North Dakota rolled out a new license plate design in 2016.
- The show that the man at the Police Station was watching is Spongebob Sqaurepants, a show by Nickelodeon.
- Jane Levy's first Nickelodeon film since Fun Size (2012).
- In an office a man is watching the ''SpongeBob SquarePants'' (1999)_ episode Sand Castles In The Sand. The show is owned by Nickelodeon and Viacom which also owns this movie and ''The SpongeBob Movie Sponge Out Of Water'' (2015)_ was released a year before this one came out.
- In an office, someone watches Sand Castles in the Sand/Shell Shocked (2009). Nickelodeon and Viacom own the show. They also own this movie and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015), which was released two years earlier.
- Danny Glover's first Nickelodeon role since Barnyard (2006).
- This was filmed in Chilliwack B.C.
- This is the first Paramount Animation's live-action film.
- When Tripp puts a modern 6.4 liter Hemi in the old truck, he says "I'm going to put an elephant in you." He's referring to the original 426 Hemi commonly called the "elephant motor."