Trivia for Marshall
Showing all 16 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Josh Gad and Dan Stevens previously collaborated in Beauty and the Beast (2017).
- Sterling K. Brown and Keesha Sharp previously worked together in the FX series American Crime Story (2015): The People v. OJ Simpson.
- This will be the third biographical figure played by Chadwick Boseman. He has also starred as James Brown and Jackie Robinson.
- Sophia Bush and Marina Squerciati both star in Chicago P.D. (2014) and the 'One Chicago' franchise.
- This will be the fourth biographical figure played by Chadwick Boseman. He has also starred as James Brown in Get on Up (2014), Jackie Robinson in 42 (2013), and Floyd Little in The Express (2008).
- From 2005 to 2008 director Reginald Hudlin wrote the Marvel comic book Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman played Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War (2016) and set to play the character in several more Marvel Studios films.
- The film was shot in Buffalo, NY and actors Mj Myers, Greg Hinaman, Josie DiVincenzo, Stan Klimecko and Steve Abbott who all appear in the film are originally from Buffalo.
- The Courthouse interior and exterior scenes for Bridgeport CT were actually filmed in the City Hall of Buffalo NY. The Bridgeport train station scenes were filmed in the NY Central Railroad Terminal in Buffalo NY (the train station scenes from the Robert Redford baseball movie The Natural (1984) were also filmed there). The reservoir scenes were filmed in Akron Falls Park, outside of Buffalo.
- The synagogue that Sam Friedman is shown attending with his family is called Temple Rodef Shalom. "Rodef shalom" is Hebrew and means "pursuer of peace." The Talmud applies this label to a person who stands for justice, as Friedman's character does in this movie.
- There are several scenes that take place outside the courthouse. These are shot on the steps of Buffalo, New York's City Hall.
- Jeffrey DeMunn and James Cromwell both had major roles in The Green Mile (1999).
- American watercolorist Martha Burchfield Richter's (1924-1977) artwork was featured in the film. Martha is the daughter of world-renowned watercolorist, Charles E. Burchfield.
- The desk used by Josh Gad and the desk in the NAACP office was made by the Kittinger Furniture Company. For more than six generations, The Kittinger Furniture Company has set an unparalleled standard among manufacturers of fine furniture. The company was established in 1866 - one year after peace between the North and South was restored. It was a time when America held a wealth of natural resources, a burgeoning free-trade market, and a massive western frontier waiting to be developed. Industrial entrepreneurs were filled with high hopes and magnificent expectations.
- Some of the items in the law office were Roycroft antiques. Roycroft was a reformist community of craft workers and artists which formed part of the Arts and Crafts movement in the United States. Elbert Hubbard founded the community in 1895, in the village of East Aurora, New York, near Buffalo. Participants were known as Roycrofters. The work and philosophy of the group, often referred to as the Roycroft movement, had a strong influence on the development of American architecture and design in the early 20th century.
- Chadwick Boseman and Sterling K. Brown also starred together in "Black Panther" (2018).
- The final scene of the current theatrical release of the film features a cameo from Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, the parents of Trayvon Martin. Marshall died two years before Martin's birth.