- 1hr 38m
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Movie Info & Cast
Release Date: Nov 3, 2017
Runtime: 1hr 38m
After powerful Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson (Woody Harrelson) loses the 1960 Democratic presidential nomination to Senator John F. Kennedy (Jeffrey Donovan), he agrees to be his young rival’s running mate. But once they win the election, despite his extensive legislative experience and shrewd political instincts, Johnson finds himself sidelined in the role of vice president. That all changes on Nov. 22, 1963, when Kennedy is assassinated and Johnson, with his devoted wife Lady Bird (Jennifer Jason Leigh) by his side, is suddenly thrust into the presidency. As the nation mourns, Johnson must contend with longtime adversary Attorney General Bobby Kennedy (Michael Stahl-David) and one-time mentor Georgia Senator Richard Russell (Richard Jenkins) as he seeks to honor JFK’s legacy by championing the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Did You Know?
- The screenplay for this film was featured in the 2014 Blacklist; a list of the "most liked" unmade scripts of the year.
- LBJ takes a large carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream to bed, a product which was invented in 1978.
- Walter Jenkins: There's just no power in the vice presidency.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: Walter, how long you been with me?
- Walter Jenkins: 21 years.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: And in 21 years, can you think of a time that I have taken over a new office, and not made it 100 times more powerful than when I got there?
- Walter Jenkins: No, sir.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: Power is where power goes.
Full Screen Image Viewer