Goofs from Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Showing all 19 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- In the opening car chase sequence, the vehicles are shown driving on the right, as if in continental Europe, when they are supposedly close to Kingsman's tailor shop in Savile Row in London's West End.
- At one point Ginger describes nanites as microbots. While technically true, a better description for robots in the nano-sized scale would be nanobots (or nanorobots).
- During a scene at Statesman's Kentucky distillery, Champagne (Jeff Bridges) picks up a bottle of Tequila which quite clearly bears a UK excise duty label.
- When Eggsy gets a FaceTime from his girlfriend, the screen on his iPhone has the green accept button, along with the red decline. Unless the phone is unlocked, the screen would have the slide to unlock screen.
- When the two Galahads confront Poppy in the dine, there is movement of crew and camera in the chrome window surrounds in the background, even when the characters aren't moving themselves.
- The film fails to explain how a virus would survive being burned when certain of the carrier drugs are being ingested--when smoking amphetamines or crack cocaine, for example, as one character does.
- Eggsy goes to Glastonbury which takes place in June, but in the next scenes the Italian mountains are completely covered in fresh snow, which would be very unlikely in summer.
- While descending on out of control the ski lift, the high speed spinning of the lift would have caused it to act as a gyroscope. Rather than swinging back and forth like it was it would have stayed in a fixed position.
- Eggsy spins all four car wheels at high speed to move the car sideways, but the car moves to the right. When the wheels spinning forwards, the angular momentum would cause the car to move to the left.
- When Harry gives a final salute to Merlin he uses a US style hand salute instead of the British (and Scottish) style hand salute.
- While on the plane drinking Martinis, Eggsy and Harry take two small sips from full glasses. In the next shot the glasses are empty.
- Harry's left eye was shot and he was given a pair of glasses with the left side darkened. But at Eggsy's wedding, Harry's glasses appear to have the right side darkened. This is because the scene shows Harry and Eggsy reflected in a mirror.
- When out of control ski lift sequence starts, on exterior shots it is the right cabin where the sequence happens on the right track ropes, rolling on high speed when it passes over the first supporting tower from the right side. In the next exterior shots when track and hauling cables snap and onward it is the left cabin on the left track ropes on the left side of the supporting towers.
- The type of ski lift on which the accident happens is an aerial tramway, it is a two cabin jig back system. While one is coming up, the other is going down the mountain, and they pass each other midway on the cable span. While in an accident sequence no second cabin is shown speeding up to the upper station when the characters are in another cabin heading towards lower station.
- While ski lift accident sequence happens, after the two track ropes and single hauling rope snap this would cause the second cabin which should have been speeding up to the mountain station, also roll down on the track cables towards lower station but eventually would be stopped by the emergency brakes. The movie ignores the factual existence of the second cabin, thus making the scene technically unrealistic.
- When Harry, Eggsy and Merlin are on the Statesman plane headed to Cambodia, Merlin reveals the suits they are to wear. Just after, Eggsy is seated in a chair wearing the light grey suit, while Harry is wearing one of the two black suits. Later, when the three are in the jungle, Harry is wearing the grey suit and Eggsy the black.
- When flying in the Huntsman's corporate aircraft, the outside shots show a Boeing 737 (with winglets). The interior shots show a cabin much wider and higher than that of a 737.
- On the plane the pool table is set with balls. After they go get the suits in the next room, the balls are no longer on the table even though the triangle rack is still on it.
- The Statesmen flood Harry's room in an attempt to undo his amnesia and give him the shock that will bring his memories back. But when the water drains, the things on his desk are completely undisturbed.