Goofs from Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Showing all 7 items
- This movie is set in Bratford, New Hampshire, the same place the original film was set. At the end of the original film the main characters Alan and Sara take the game and throw it into a river. In the final scene of the original film we see that the game has washed up on a beach and is about to be discovered by two French speaking children. Yet, in 1996, just one year after the events of the original film, the game is back in Bratford, New Hampshire in a teenager's home. There is no explanation given as to how the game made its way back to Bratford.
- Helicopters cannot maintain level flight while turned sideways, any pilot knows this and would never attempt such a move at low altitude while inside a canyon.
- Jaguars don't hunt in packs.
- In the original movie, people return to the same point in the history when the game was started but but here they return to the ongoing timeline which can be accept but Alex returns and has a family as well. So Alex returns from the game but how does his wife and children magically come to existence without any backstory as when he started the game he was a teenager.
- In the game, Alex makes a reference to "Gettin Jiggy Wit It", which wasn't released until 1997. Since he disappeared in 1996, he would not know the song reference as it had not yet been released.
- When the teens start the video game there is a loading screen. This is a cartridge based game and cartridge based video games did not require loading. Batman Forever a cartridge based game gave players a "loading screen" back in the 90s.
- There is a scene where Bethany (Jack Black) re-spawns and she is not wearing her jacket. Then the scene switches to somebody else, and when it switches back to her after 2 seconds she is wearing her jacket again.