Trivia for ITTEFAQ
Showing all 19 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Shah Rukh Khan pays tribute to Yash Chopra
- Sidharth Malhotra announced it will be an adaptation from the 1969 film
- Sidharth Malhotra works with Akshaye Khanna and Sonakshi Sinha for the first time
- This Film is produced by Red Chillies Entertainment (Shahrukh Khan) and Dharma Productions (Karan Johar)
- Fawad Khan was originally cast to play the role of main protagonist, but Sidharth Malhotra replaced him after ongoing India/Pakistan conflict over the Kashmir region led for a call to ban all Pakistani actors from Indian films.
- The shooting of the movie was completed in 50 days non-stop schedule.
- This a remake of Ittefaq (1969), which itself was copied from Signpost to Murder (1964).
- Mandira Bedi appears in a film after a long. Her last known film was Dus Kahaniyaa 2007.
- Shah Rukh Khan was to play the character of the detective (Akshay Khanna's role), but opted out to work on Fan (2016) and Raees (2017).
- B.R. Chopra produced the original film, Ittefaq (1969). B.R. Chopra's grandson Abhay Chopra makes his directorial feature film debut with this film.
- Directorial feature film debut of Abhay Chopra.
- While in making the makers had disclosed that the film would have a different climax from original to keep the suspense alive.
- Akshay Khanna plays investigating officer for the fourth time, after 36 China Town (2006), Aakrosh (2010), and Mom (2017).
- Bappi Lahiri's hit song Raat Baaki Baat Baki from Namak Halal 1982 had a re created version as a promotional song.
- The makers of the film had decided that movie will NOT be promoted at any platform.But before the release they promoted it on Digital Media by Requesting to not disclose suspense.
- Rajkumar Rao was to play a doctor in the film but opted out.
- The film got a good opening an did a successful business during first weekend.
- Sidharth Malhotra's second Negative role after Ek Villain!
- Sidharth Malhotra appears to be the real killer.His character is seen goofing the entire police department by framing Sonakshi as the murderer.