Trivia for Insidious: The Last Key
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (6)
- Rumored to be about Elise's backstory, and that the movie might focus on her origin story.
- Title for this film revealed in the trailer to be "Insidious 4: The Last Key"
- The poster is similar to 1985 horror movie titled HOUSE.
- Christian, Elise Rainier's brother, is played by Bruce Davison. In Insidious (2010) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013), Elise is close friend with Lorraine Lambert, played by Barbara Hershey. Davison and Hershey work together in Last Summer (1969).
- Early in the movie, when the kids are going to bed, you can see a doll on the top of a bookshelf. The doll looks just like Sinister (2012).
- It leads directly into "Insidious" as this film occurs before the iconic first film in the franchise.
- Optimus Dressamus appears in the Further. He can be seen eating crinkle cut fries and watching The Sound of Music.
- When Elise is searching for the hospital door to send back Melissa's body, she opens a door where we can see Dalton (the boy from Insidious (2010) who also appears at the end).
- This film concludes the Prequel aspect of the Insidious Franchise (meaning Chapters 3 and 4 occur before 1 and 2). This opens up the Franchise to reconnect with the plot line of Chapter 2 and follow Elise's journey into The Further along with her newly introduced family.
- Elise's dog is named Warren, which is an homage to Ed Warren and Lorraine Warren. They are the main characters in the Conjuring movies, which were directed by The Conjuring (2013), who produced this movie.
- Early in the movie Keyface tells young Elise he needs her to open all the doors. Later, while trying to leave the further, she opens a red door revealing Dalton and leaves it open which is how the Lipstick face demon crosses over.