Trivia for Happy End
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- The longest wait for a Michael Haneke film: 5 years.
- Second collaboration between Michael Haneke and Jean-Louis Trintignant
- Fourth collaboration between Michael Haneke and Isabelle Huppert.
- The movie reunites Isabelle Huppert and Jean-Louis Trintignant with director Michael Haneke after Amour (2012).
- Although Jean-Louis Trintignant has been retired since 2003, he only comes back to working on films if Michael Haneke is directing. He considers Haneke the greatest director alive and would act for him in any film (in both big and smalls roles). Michael Haneke also considers Trintignant one of his all time favorite actors (along side with Marlon Brando).
- Just like in Amour (2012), Jean-Louis Trintignant and Isabelle Huppert also play father and daughter.
- This is Jean-Louis Trintignant's second collaboration with director Michael Haneke, although he dubbed the voice-over in Haneke's The White Ribbon (2009). That would make it the third.
- Austria's submission to the Foreign Language Film Award of the 90th Annual Academy Awards.
- Trintignants character Georges tells his granddaughter Eve that he killed his wife four years ago by suffocating her, apparently to release her from unbearable circumstances. In Liebe (2012), also directed by Michael Haneke, Trintignant played a husband who eventually suffocated his wife with a pillow as an act of releasing her from incurable sickness.