Trivia for Fifty Shades Freed
Showing all 15 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- There was talk that Jamie Dornan wouldn't reprise his role as Christian Grey but those rumors were put to rest as of February 25th 2015 when his agent stated he was devoted to the sequels.
- This third installment will not have a two parter unlike the other best selling novel adapted film series such as Harry Potter, Twilight, The Hunger Games and The Divergent Series.
- Arielle Kebbel will be taking on the role of Gia Matteo the architect who Christian hires.
- Scenes were being filmed in Nice, France at the same time of the Nice terror attacks in July 2016.
- Third and final chapter of the Fifty Shades trilogy.
- Some of the filming was done at Canadian singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan's home.
- To create Gia Matteo, Arielle Kebbel chose red well-manicured nails to represent the elegant control of her character. As seen on The IMDb Show (2017).
- Second Dakota Johnson movie to have a Hailee Steinfeld song in its soundtrack. The first was How to Be Single (2016), which also starred Steinfeld's Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) co-star, Rebel Wilson.
- Dakota Johnson's fourth consecutive movie to debut on Valentine's Day weekend. The first was Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) , the second was How to Be Single (2016), and the third was Fifty Shades Darker (2017).
- Kim Basinger was set to return as series antagonist Elena Lincoln, even briefly appearing in the trailers, but her scenes were ultimately cut from the final edit.
- I'm the book, written by E.L. James, Kate has a brother named Ethan who ends up dating Mia. He is not in the trilogy.
- The cover for "Fifty Shades Freed" is the exact opposite of "Fifty Shades of Grey". For the first movie cover Anastasia is the one with her arms up while Christian is the one about to kiss her, for this movie cover Christian is the one with his arms up while Anastasia is about to kiss him.
- The shortest of this series, runtime being at 105 minutes, the second movie being at 118 minutes, and the first being at 129 minutes. So it goes in the order of the series.
- In the book, Ray (Ana's father) was in a bad car accident. They did not have this in the movie.
- In the book, Kate's brother, Ethan, accompanies the group to Aspen and is pursued by Christian's sister, Mia. He does not appear in the movie and his role was incorporated into Jose's character. However there is no romantic interaction with Mia.