Trivia for Early Man
Showing all 18 items
- This will mark the first feature film that Nick Park will have directed by himself. On Chicken Run (2000) and The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), he directed alongside Peter Lord and Steve Box respectively.
- Stars two actors from Doctor Who: Maisie Williams (season 9) and Mark Williams (season 7).
- Miriam Margolyes, Timothy Spall, Mark Williams, and Eddie Redmayne have all played characters in the Harry Potter universe. Margolyes played Professor Sprout, Spall played Peter Pettigrew, Williams played Mr. Weasley, and Redmayne played Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts, the Harry Potter prequel series.
- This is Timothy Spall's second feature film with Aardman, his first being Chicken Run.
- The accent that Tom Hiddleston using for his main villain Lord Nooth is French.
- Paul Whitehouse was considered for the role of Lord Nooth.
- Nick Park cast Eddie Redmayne due to his performance in Black Death (2010), where Redmayne took the role of Osmund four years before his Oscar for The Theory of Everything (2014).
- Nick Park was inspired to cast Tom Hiddleston based on his appearance on The Graham Norton Show when he did a Robert De Niro impression.
- Several months before Early Man was released, Google mistakenly identified it as having an 18% approval score on Rotten Tomatoes. Though this was quickly corrected.
- This is a test pls discard.
- In the scene where Dug enters the Bronze-age village, a zebra pelt can be seen lying in the road. Although the reference may go over the heads of the American audience, it is obviously a pun on the British term "zebra crossing".
- An original title was Early Man-United.
- Wallace and Gromit are in at least one of crowd shots. Nick Park hadn't been aware that the animators had done this until post-production.
- Is rated R18+ in Australia
- The gag where Dug, Goona and Hognob jump out of the window and their fall is broken by a roll of toilet paper was originally intended by Nick Park for inclusion in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), but he couldn't find a way of fitting it in.
- In the end credits there are caving paintings on the wall of football playing cavemen. Among these painting can be seen several other characters from other Nick Park movies including the Were-Rabbit, Grommit and the Beady Eyed Penguin.
- One of the commentators at the final match describes Dug's team as "Early Man united," a reference to the Manchester United football team in England. Goona's name is a play on "gooner," a slang term for fans of Arsenal - another English team and a long-standing rival of Manchester United.
- The name of Queen Oofeefa is a play on FIFA( Fédération Internationale de Football Association), the organisation responsible for football's major international tournaments, notably the World Cup which commenced in 1930 and the Women's World Cup which commenced in 1991.