Trivia for Den of Thieves
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- The film was shot in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Eric Braeden (Ziggy Zerhusen) is the father of the writer and director Christian Gudegast.
- Gerard Butler gained twenty-five pounds for his role, as recommended by director Christian Gudegast.
- The film was in development for roughly fourteen years, where director Christian Gudegast and a writing partner had a blind deal with New Line Cinema in 2003. The project was also later supposed to be distributed by the now-defunct Relativity Media at one point as well.
- Pablo Schreiber who plays Ray Merrimen (one of the villains) is in real life the half-brother of well-known actor Liev Schreiber.
- Although set in Los Angeles, the vast majority of the film was shot in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Amongst the cast, there are 4 UFC fighters: Max Holloway, Oleg Taktarov, John Lewis, and Michael Bisping.
- Ex cons are not usually allowed to go to a gun range
- The part in the trailer where the cops stop premedics from helping the bad guy from getting medical attention and he eventually dies is cut from the theoretical release of the movie.
- This is the second time Pablo Shreiber has played a thief masquerading as an armored security guard to steal. He previously starred in episode 20 season 1 of Person Of Interest in a similar story.