Trivia for Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
Showing all 17 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- It was originally scheduled to be premiered on March 19, 2010, but it was moved up to a Christmas 2009 release instead.
- The film was shipped in two parts in the UK, first part were odd numbered reels and even reels came the following day. It was shipped under the codename "Hairy Beast 2".
- (at around 1h 13 mins) When Alvin and the Chipettes are on the toy motorbike, Digger the NASCAR gopher briefly pops out of a manhole.
- The Seville home has a house number of "1958". This is the year Ross Bagdasarian created the animated singing anthropomorphic chipmunks.
- Ross Bagdasarian named the Chipmunks after executives at Liberty Records, who released Seville's and the Chipmunks' original albums. Alvin was named for company president Alvin Bennett, Simon for company vice-president/record producer Si Waronker, and Theodore for recording engineer Ted Keep.
- David Seville is a stage name of Ross Bagdasarian creator of the Chipmunks. He took the name "Seville" from the town in Spain, where he had once done military service.
- There is no real life California state zoo.
- The bobble-heads on Dr. Rubin's desk are Ryan (QB-3) and Xander (RB-34).
- Chris Pratt is married to Anna Faris, (who plays Jeanette) also worked with Amy Poehler (who plays Eleanor) in Parks and Recreation (2009).
- The plot where Alvin, Simon, and Theodore meet Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor for the first time was reused from the first episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks (1983).
- Jason Lee was meant to have a larger role in this film, but his screen time was rewritten shorter than planned due to scheduling conflicts with My Name Is Earl (2005). Most of his scenes were filled in with Zachary Levi's character, Toby Seville.
- Film debut of Alexandra Shipp.
- Napol?on Bonaparte's great, great nephew Kevin Bonaparte visited the set on two nonconsecutive days.
- (at around 22 mins) Becca (Bridgit Mendler) thinks Theodore is "Theo-dorable." Bridgit Mendler played Theodora "Teddy" Duncan on the series Good Luck Charlie (2010).
- The interior school scenes were filmed at Woodrow Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, CA
- Some of the the things that happen to Simon are hinted at earlier in the film i.e. falling into a bedpan, picking up Toby's half-eaten apple, and complaining that he feels like he's "living in a dumpster." Also, Theodore is standing next to a brochure for the Los Angeles zoo in one scene.
- (at around 32 mins) When the chipmunks are playing dodge ball, Alvin tells himself to remember his five D's- dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. Justin Long who plays Alvin also acted in the movie Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004) where the coach also tells him to remember these same five D's.