Trivia for Aiyaary
Showing all 17 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Sidharth Malhotra's first collaboration with Neeraj Pandey and first army based film.
- Aiyaary was initially supposed to release on 26th January but was postponed till 8th Feb to avoid Clash with Padmaavat and it has again been postponed from 8th Feb to 16th Feb to avoid clash with Akshay Kumar's Padman
- Juhi Babbar's comeback film after 12 years.Her last release was Unns: Love... Forever in 2006.Until the films release her character was kept under wraps.
- Aiyaary means Trickery when the film was announced many were confused with its title as what it really meant.
- Films original release date was 26th January 2018 along with Padman.Padmavati who got clearance certificate by censor board released on 26th January as both the films backed off.The next date was announced as 9th February 2018.Finally it had a solo release on 16th February 2018.
- The release date was backed off from 9th February 2018 as it was said it didn't want to clash with Padman.But the actual reason was the film was denied censor certificate till it cleared the scenes base don Aadarsh Ghotala Scam which mentions in the film as Colaba Mein Ek Plot Hai.
- Naseeruddin Shah who had given a stunning performance in Neeraj Pandey's debut film A Wednesday 2008 makes acts in his film after 10 years.
- Siddarth Malhotra's much different role from the kinds of role he was doing.
- Mir Sarwar who acted in the film cited disappointment as he had dropped down from Neeraj Pandey's previous film Naam Shabana 2017.Due to date issues he was glad to work with him in the film.
- On 19th February 2018 three days after the films release a pirated version of film was played in Government run transport bus traveling between Mumbai and Pune.Which was bought to notice by an alert passenger.
- Neeraj Pandey first read the word 'Aiyaary' in Devaki Nandan Khatri's novel Chandrakanta.
- The first ever Neeraj Pandey directorial to be flopped.
- Aiyaary received 18 rating only in Malaysia, where no 15 rating exists.
- The version released on Netflix restores all the audio cuts and modifications imposed by the Indian Censor Board.
- In one scene, Manoj Bajpayee says that the government would be banning Rs. 500 and 1000 notes. This means the film is set in 2016, the year of demonetization. However, this dialogue was censored and replaced with the line "the government would be reducing tax on everything."
- First film of Manoj Bajpayee and Sidharth Malhotra.
- Based on the Adarsh Housing Society scam of Mumbai in 2010 which forced then chief minister of Maharahstra Ashok Chavan to resign from his post.