Regal Crown Club®
Red Carpet Dreams Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS
NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
- General Information: The Regal Crown Club® Red Carpet Dreams Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 7, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on February 24, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- To Enter: There are three ways to enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize in the sweepstakes.
- Go to a participating REG theatre and use a Regal Crown Club card when purchasing tickets to any of the 2013 Academy Award® Best Picture nominated films during the Promotion Period. A list of Academy Award® nominated films will be available at participating theatres. A “participating theatre” is an REG theatre that participates in the Regal Crown Club and is playing any of the 2013 Academy Awards® Best Picture nominated films. Regal Crown Club cards must be used at the time of the ticket purchase. A Regal Crown Club voucher must print along with the tickets to ensure entry into the sweepstakes. If a participating theatre’s box office experiences technical difficulties and cannot accept Regal Crown Club cards or fails to print a voucher, ticket stubs may be sent along with the name(s) on the account(s) and the card number(s) to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club, [7139 Regal Lane], Knoxville, TN 37918 to enter the sweepstakes. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by [March 1, 2013]. Limit: one entry per card, per transaction; maximum two entries per card, per day. Cards are not transferable. Up to ten cards may be used per transaction with a limit of one card per person. [Void for online ticket purchases.] Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person to whom the Regal Crown Club card and account number were issued by REG.
- b. To enter online: Fill out the entry form that is accessible after completing the Award Winner’s Challenge (go to http://www.facebook.com/RegalEntertainmentGroup/app_341953509177849 to participate in the Award Winner’s Challenge).
- To enter by mail: Print your name, street address, zip code, phone number and e-mail address (if any) on a 3 ½” x 5” piece of paper and mail it to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club Red Carpet Dreams Sweepstakes, [7139 Regal Lane], Knoxville, TN 37918. Entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by [March 1, 2013]. Limit: two entries per person, per day.
- Random Drawing: Two (2) Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about [ March 15, 2013]. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of REG, which are binding on all matters pertaining to the sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by mail, telephone, or e-mail (method of notification to be determined by REG) approximately [two (2) weeks after the drawing.] Entries will be void if contact information is null or not current.
- Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize includes (i) round trip airfare for two (2) persons from the major airport closest to the Grand Prize winner’s home to Los Angeles, CA; (ii) two (2) tickets to the red carpet bleachers at the 86th Academy Awards®; and (iii) (4) days / (3) nights stay (one room) at a hotel of REG’s choice. ARV = $4,999. Ground transfers are not included. Travel must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to traveling and must be completed [within a week after the Academy Awards event.] The winner and his/her guest must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D., etc.) prior to departure and travel on the same itinerary. Travel must be completed on the dates specified by Sponsor, which are subject to change, or prize will be forfeited. Blackout dates and other restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Red carpet bleacher seats are non-transferable and have no retail or re-sale value. Prize does not include admittance to the 86th Academy Awards® ceremony, nor entrance into the Kodak Theatre. The winner and his/her guest must comply with any security procedure or background check imposed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (A.M.P.A.S.) and/or its representatives, and sign an A.M.P.A.S. release. A.M.P.A.S. reserves its right in its sole discretion to suspend or cancel the participation of any winner or guest due to non-compliance with any security procedure or background check or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. In the unlikely event that the 86th Academy Awards® Ceremony is cancelled or altered in any way which would prevent or invalidate the awarding of reserved seating to view the red carpet festivities, the Sponsor is responsible only for providing the remaining portions of the prize as described above. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all prizes are subject to availability and REG reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prize(s) limited to that specified above, all other unspecified expenses (including taxes, meals, gratuities, any incidental expenses, or travel expenses) are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. ARV of the prizes is based on information available to REG. Any and all taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law, and winners may have to provide additional information so that REG can comply with any tax reporting obligations.
- General Rules: The sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island), Alaska, and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (19 years or older in AL and NE, 21 years or older in MS) before the commencement of the Promotion Period. Void where prohibited by law. The sweepstakes is not open to any employees of REG, A.M.P.A.S, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families (spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling, half-sibling, child, or step-child) and those persons living in the same household as such individuals. Each winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions and any statements attributable to him/her for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Except as otherwise expressly provided in the Official Rules, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like methods of participation will void all submissions by such methods.
- Disclaimer: REG is not responsible for lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries, entries not received during Promotion Period for any reason, or other errors of any kind. Prizes shall be awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. In the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, the Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the sweepstakes; and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension and in the event that travel for the prize has already commenced, to terminate travel and return the winner and guest to the airport of departure as soon as reasonably possible.
- Guests: Any guest of a winner (or guest’s parent/legal guardian if guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) must execute a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law) prior to participation in the prize or the issuance of travel documents related to the prize. If the winner’s guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the winner must be the minor guest's parent/legal guardian.
- Failure to Comply with Official Rules: If a winner fails to comply with all the conditions, restrictions, and limitations of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random (time permitting). Without limiting the foregoing, disqualification of a winner and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (i) the winner’s failure to respond to notification of winning or other notification requesting response within 5 days after its mailing or other transmission; (ii) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (iii) the return of any other notice as undeliverable; (iv) the winner’s failure to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and complete sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release within 5 days after its receipt (except where prohibited by law), and (v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
- Release: By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of REG; and (i) to release and hold harmless REG, A.M.P.A.S., and their respective members, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the directors, officers, employees, and agents of each from any and all damage, injury, death, loss, costs or other liability of any kind, including attorney’s fees, that may arise from or in connection with his or her entry, possession or use of any prize, or his or her participation in the sweepstakes or any prize-related activity, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded. Any disputes which may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had only in the state and federal courts located within the State of Tennessee, without waiver of any right to removal by REG pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 1441, et seq.
11. Prize Winners / Copy of Official Rules: To obtain a list of prize winners (available after [March 30, 2013]) or copy of these Official Rules, go to www.REGmovies.com or mail your request, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club, [7139 Regal Lane], Knoxville, TN 37918. VT residents may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope.
12. Miscellaneous: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provisions were not contained herein. REG’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, REG has sole and absolute discretion. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes-related materials and these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in REG’s sole and absolute discretion.
13. Sponsor: Regal Entertainment Group, [7139 Regal Lane], Knoxville, TN 37918.
“ACADEMY AWARDS®,” “OSCARS” and the Oscar statuette design are registered trademarks, and the Oscar statuette is copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (A.M.P.A.S.), and are used under permission. This sweepstakes is neither produced nor sponsored by A.M.P.A.S. Prize does not include admittance to the 86th ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY, nor entrance into the Kodak Theatre.