Regal Crown Club®
INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS
NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
- General Information: The Regal Crown Club® Insidious: Chapter 2 Sweepstakes, sponsored by Regal Entertainment Group (REG) (“Sponsor”), begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on August 30, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on September 20, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and purchase does not improve odds of winning. The sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, this contract includes limitations of your rights and remedies.
- To Enter: There are two ways to enter for a chance to win prizes in the sweepstakes.
- To enter with your Regal Crown Club card: Regal Crown Club members may enter by using their Regal Crown Club card when purchasing tickets to the film Insidious: Chapter 2 (the “Film”) at participating REG theatres during the Promotion Period. A “participating theatre” is an REG theatre that participates in the Regal Crown Club and is playing the Film. A Regal Crown Club voucher must print along with the box office tickets to ensure entry into the sweepstakes. (If a participating theatre’s box office experiences technical difficulties and cannot accept Regal Crown Club cards or fails to print a voucher, you may mail your ticket stub(s) along with your name and Regal Crown Club account number to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club Insidious: Chapter 2 Sweepstakes, 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918 to enter the sweepstakes. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by September 26, 2013.) One ticket purchase = one entry into the sweepstakes via the Regal Crown Club card presented at the time of ticket purchase, subject to the following limitations: (i) maximum of two entries per card per day and (ii) maximum of up to ten cards may be presented for any one transaction (with a limit of one card per ticket purchase). Void for online ticket purchases. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person to whom the Regal Crown Club card and account number were issued by REG. For more information on becoming a Regal Crown Club member, see http://www.regmovies.com/Crown-Club.
- To enter by mail: Print your name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, date of birth, e-mail address (if any), and Regal Crown Club account number (if any) on a 3 ½” x 5” piece of paper and mail it to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club Insidious: Chapter 2 Sweepstakes, 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918. VT residents may omit postage. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by September 26, 2013. Limit: two entries per person, per day. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like methods of entry will void all submissions by such methods.
- Random Drawing and Winner Notification: Upon submission, entries become sole property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor may disqualify any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about September 27, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail or other means, depending upon method of entry, on or about September 27, 2013. Entries will be void if contact information is null or not current. If, for any reason, more than one bona fide winner comes forward seeking to claim a prize, Sponsor may select the final winner via a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize, and inclusion in such selection process shall be entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. After notification of winning, the winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law) within five (5) business days of attempted notification, or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- Description of Prize(s) and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One winner will be awarded the following Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”): A trip to Los Angeles, CA consisting of the following elements: (i) 4 day / 3 night hotel accommodations at Sheraton Universal Studios (one standard room) for winner and one (1) guest; (ii) if the winner resides more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from Los Angeles, round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) between the major metropolitan airport nearest the winner’s residence to an airport in Los Angeles, CA; (iii) transportation to and from the airport as designated by Sponsor; (iv) two (2) tickets to Halloween Horror Nights; and (v) a Go Los Angeles Card. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $4,000. The trip must be completed by November 3, 2013.
- Prize Terms: The ARV of the prizes is based on information available to Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for and the winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of the award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. Prizes are limited to that specified in the prize description above, and all other unspecified expenses (including taxes, meals, gratuities, any incidental expenses, or travel expenses) are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. Gift certificates and tickets (including, without limitation, airline tickets) are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon or otherwise specified by the issuer thereof. Any and all taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law, and winners may have to provide additional information so that Sponsor can comply with any tax reporting obligations. Entrants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim a prize, and any liability or publicity that might arise from claiming or seeking to claim a prize. If a winner fails to comply with all the conditions, restrictions, and limitations of these Official Rules, Sponsor may determine that the winner has forfeited the prize, and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner selected at random.
- Eligibility: The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Rhode Island where the total ARV of sweepstakes prizes is in excess of $500 and residents of Florida and New York where total ARV of sweepstakes prizes is in excess of $5,000), who are 18 years or older (19 years or older in AL and NE, 21 years or older in MS) before the Promotion Period. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The sweepstakes is not open to (i) any employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies or (ii) any such employee’s immediate family members (spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling, half-sibling, child, or step-child) and any person living in the same household as such individuals. Any false or deceptive entries or acts will render all entries by an entrant ineligible.
- Disclaimer: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries, entries not received during Promotion Period for any reason or other errors of any kind. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. In the event that viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or any other matters beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control (“Uncontrollable Event”), prevent, corrupt, or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion. In the event an Uncontrollable Event occurs prior to the announced date for winner determination, Sponsor may select a winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension. In the event an Uncontrollable Event interrupts, interferes with, or disrupts the provision of any prize, Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
- Guests: Where a prize permits a guest of the winner to participate, the winner is responsible for his/her guest and shall ensure his/her guest complies with Sponsor’s and each prize provider’s procedures and policies. If the winner’s guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the winner must be the minor guest's parent/legal guardian in order for the minor to participate. If requested by Sponsor, any guest of a winner (or guest’s parent/legal guardian if guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) must complete, sign, and return a Liability and Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law) prior to participation in the prize. Once designated by the winner, the guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason.
- Travel: Where a prize includes travel, the winner (and his/her guest, if applicable) must possess all necessary travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D., etc.) prior to departure and travel on the same itinerary. Travel must be completed on the dates specified by Sponsor, which are subject to change, or the prize will be forfeited. Specific travel arrangements and all prize details not specified herein will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities, or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay.
- Conduct: By entering the sweepstakes and accepting a prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any sweepstakes- or prize-related activity. The winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or the prize provider have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner (and/or his/her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the winner’s (or his/her guest’s) behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or a prize provider or otherwise violates the policies of the prize provider, and in such a case, the winner will forfeit all remaining elements of the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize.
- Publicity: Where permitted by law, by participating in this sweepstakes, entrants grant Sponsor, the prize providers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use any materials submitted by entrant in connection with the sweepstakes as well as the entrant’s name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation.
- Disqualification: Sponsor may disqualify a winner (and cause any applicable prizes to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (i) the winner fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (ii) the winner fails to respond to the winner notification within three (3) days after its transmission or mailing or if the notice is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable after three (3) attempted e-mail transmissions; (iii) the winner fails to respond to any other notice within (3) days after its transmission or mailing or any other notice is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable; or (vi) the winner fails to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) days after its receipt (if requested by Sponsor, but except where prohibited by law). In the event of disqualification of a winner or forfeiture of a prize, Sponsor may select an alternate winner.
- Release: By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor; and (ii) to forever and irrevocably release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, the prize providers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies (and the directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns of each) from and against any and all liability for personal injuries, loss, or damage, including, without limitation, death and property damage resulting from, arising from, or in connection with (a) the participation (or the inability to participate) in the sweepstakes and/or any element or activity thereof or (b) any prize, including any liability/damage resulting from, arising from, or in connection with (1) travel to or from or participation in any prize-related activity; (2) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, or destroyed prizes; or (3) the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, any defects in any prize, or any inability to use any prize.
- Disputes: Any disputes which may arise hereunder will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes will be had only in the state and federal courts located within the State of Tennessee, without waiver of any right to removal by Sponsor pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 1441, et seq.
- List of Winners / Copy of Official Rules: To obtain a list of winners (available approximately two months after the date of winner determination) or a copy of these Official Rules, go to www.REGmovies.com or mail your request, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to Regal Entertainment Group, Attn: Regal Crown Club, 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918.
- Miscellaneous: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provisions were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize.
- Sponsor: Regal Entertainment Group, 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918.