The Accounting Department seeking an interested candidate to join their corporate office team. This position is based at the corporate office in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This position is responsible for preparing and interpreting clear and concise reports that monitor performance against established financial and operating goals and objectives.
The Senior Financial Data Analyst is an exempt position and is primarily responsible for:
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Collaborate with representatives from other departments to develop routine and ad hoc reports
- Extract, validate, compile, organize and summarize data from a wide variety of internal and external sources
- Analyze data using a variety of basic statistical and financial methods (including linear and nonlinear regression, variance analysis, return on investment, rate of return, forecasting and financial modeling)
- Interpret results and communicate findings to senior management in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Write complex SQL queries, extract data from, and create analytic reports against large data sets, data marts, data warehouse, and OLAP data
- Analyze and identify trends in the data.
- Translate business needs into data analysis and reporting solutions and understand source and target data structures
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data
- Prioritize end-user requirements
- Maintain detailed documentation on all processes
Qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Analytics Computer Science and/or Statistics; two or more years experience in corporate data/financial analysis or statistical analysis.
- Experience in presentation of data strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence fundamentals (dimensions, fact tables, measures, hierarchies).
- Knowledge of MS Business Intelligence stack and reporting tool set (i.e. SQL Server, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, ProClarity, Performance Point, Pivot Tables, Power Pivot).
- Experience using advanced Excel features and techniques required.
- Familiarity with data mining, data warehousing, Microsoft ProClarity, JMP, SAS, SQL, Cognos or similar tools preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files and transforming raw data into finished products preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and general ledger software preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
How to apply: Qualified candidates should submit an updated résumé along with salary requirements to Human Resources via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (865-925-7807).
Please be sure to list the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Regal Entertainment Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer