Regal Entertainment Group is seeking a General Manager for the Key West Cinema 6 located in Key West, FL. The Key West Cinema 6 is the only mainstream theatre within 140 miles. This theatre runs a curtailed schedule during the school year and a full schedule on weekends, holidays and during summer time.
Summary: The General Manager is the face of Regal and is responsible for the overall operation of the theatre. This includes proactively leading the theatre team to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expense, profitability, guest satisfaction, inventory control, and employee morale. Represent and act as a representative of Regal in a way that is consistent with our mission statement and policies.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Upholding and administering all R.E.G. corporate policies.
- Ensure all cash management policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Control concession inventory shortages and spoilage levels.
- Monitor janitorial staff to ensure facility is cleaned to REG standards every day.
- The hiring, training, developing, supervising, counseling, scheduling, and after conferring with the Human Resources Manager, terminating of any employee.
- Properly administering all applicable paperwork and upholding all company policies as they pertain to Human Resources.
- Supervising all staff positions as required; including all projection and audio-visual equipment within the theatre, both hardware and software, as well as all applicable film handling (threading, building-up, tearing down, etc.) and maintenance as required, except where precluded by labor contracts.
- Controlling costs, including all direct operating expenses; purchasing and ordering concession and café stock and any other supplies needed for daily operations, as well as the inventory and auditing processes involved in tracking those supplies.
- Supervising theatre maintenance (building and grounds, where applicable) including performing minor repairs and obtaining qualified personnel for larger maintenance concerns.
- Monitoring risk management as it pertains to the theatre, i.e., cast member and guest safety, loss prevention, emergency situations, and the proper handling, reporting, and investigating of accidents.
- A manager is also responsible for guest relations; marketing and promotions of feature film engagements; scheduling of movie show times and the timely delivery of show times to all proper channels; and counting, depositing, and reconciling all receipts taken in during a business day. Receipts include cash, credit cards, coupons, gift cards, checks, discount tickets, and any other mode of payment or accountability deemed applicable by R.E.G.
- Knowledge and compliance of dress code.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction – smile, greet, and thank all guests.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of post-secondary education in Business and/or two years management or supervisory experience.
- Possess good public speaking skills. Effectively communicate in both oral and written form with employees, vendors, corporate staff, etc. Listen effectively, respond clearly and directly, and ability to explain information to others.
- Perform calculations with speed and accuracy, and identify and correct errors.
- Identify problems, gather relevant data, and note possible causes of problems.
- Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives, reach conclusions based on evidence, and implement solutions.
- Take action beyond what is necessarily called for, and perform tasks with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
- Proven experience with PC platforms and knowledge of basic office programs including but not limited to e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Operate copiers and other office equipment, devise and access different filing systems and maintain attention to detail.
- Use tools and equipment with dexterity, and perform mechanical tasks as necessary.
- Interface effectively with customers, the public, and co-workers, and exhibit sensitivity to the feelings of others. Establish goals, budget time, and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Regularly required to lift up to 75 lbs.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (865-925-7807) no later than Monday, November 5, 2012.
Regal Entertainment Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer