The IT Department is seeking an interested candidate to join their corporate office team. This position is based at the corporate office in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This position is responsible for the administration, maintenance, monitoring, security, and integrity of the corporate databases. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves performance, database capacity, and replication issues. Collaborates with the Data Analysts, System Analysts, Developers, Business Analysts, and all levels of management for requirements gathering as well as design and development sessions required to support the needs of the application systems. This position will also participate in disaster recovery rehearsals, testing and implementation of new and modified systems.
The Junior Database Administrator is an exempt position and is primarily responsible for:
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Maintain and develop detailed documentation
- Develop technical design of databases
- Participate in the short and long term Enterprise Wide Database Architecture
- Relational and multidimensional modeling
- Analyze database requirements for Enterprise Wide Databases and Data warehouses.
- Evaluates, designs/modifies, implements and maintains existing or proposed systems databases.
- Coordinate database planning with Infrastructure Management team
- Develop/code and implement databases and database changes
- Participate in unit, system and acceptance testing
- Assist the development of production “turnover” documentation and help coordinate migration to support and operations
- Support implementation activities with users
- Participate and contribute to post-implementation reviews
- Identify and document IT practices that will improve the systems delivery function
- Provide status updates of assigned tasks in projects
- Provide feedback to peers and appropriate managers
- Troubleshooting and problem solving database related issues
- Performance monitoring
- Query tuning
- Data-file I/O balancing
- Disk space issues
- MS SQL Server experience at a Junior level required
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in database design and development or support in a complex business and systems environment
- Experience with SQL Server 2005 – SQL 2008 R2
- Proven track record developing effective database systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT systems experience
- Must be organized and capable of providing leadership in a structured environment while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance
- Experience is preferred in Theatre Information Technology
- Interpersonal and communications skills must be adequate to effectively communicate with team and group members, other IT groups, and users.
- Must be a team player and excellent collaborator.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 100 lbs.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a résumé (with salary requirements) to Human Resources via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (865-925-7807). If you are e-mailing your resume, please list the position you are applying for in the subject line and send in Word or PDF format. If you are faxing your resume, please list the position you are applying for on the cover sheet.
No phone calls, please.
Regal Entertainment Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer